VIC Melbourne is on the move

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by 380, 25th Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

North, Land Thomastown and Lalor has jumped though end product has been sluggish, hint hint, may be worth checking this out considering proximity to CBD.. Do your homework

If you do decide to buy deve site just make sure you get right draftee and at right price for plans and permits. I know some people who have been given wrong advice.

MTR

Last edited: 11th Jul, 2015
  2. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

I don't have much knowledge on the North, so can't say...others will be in a better position...

3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes, I believe there is good buying in West, and excellent returns if developing in certain pockets.

Though East has achieved the growth

East, still moving IMO, but look a little further out 30km, check out Croydon, there are some dud agents enough said... and still running hot.

Go you beautiful thing

MTR:)

Last edited: 9th Jul, 2015
    SOULFLY3 and WattleIdo like this.
  4. albanga

albanga Well-Known Member

+1 for the West but obviously not too far out. Very keen on the north west going up to Broadmeadows. Yeah still "Broady" stigma but peel back some layers and there is some big upside if your keen to develop, pay-down and then hold a positive one for 10 year growth.

MTR likes this.
  5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Haha, Broadmeadows, yes the locals say it's on the nose and am sure it is, some called it a lemon when I purchased, but it turned out to be lemonade when I sold some 6 years ago:)

Today I don't know? But Dont get caught up with negativity, as long as you can make money from the deal thats what matters. Contact Sunny from Stockdale & Leggo Glenroy but make sure you also contact many agents to keep them honest and to find out what's going on in the area.

Also make sure you know exactly what you can do with the block and get the right advice.

Ask the agents names of draftee/architects in the area, make sure you know what you can get on the block.

Good luck

Cheers

Last edited: 11th Jul, 2015
    SOULFLY3 likes this.
  6. yorkie

yorkie Well-Known Member

hi mtr,

do you know or recommend any good draughtys for plans n permits for subdivision etc. ta in advance yorkie.

7. OC1

OC1 Well-Known Member

Getting back on topic (start a new thread rather than hijacking this one please), another week of solid auctions. The dozen areas I follow show no signs of weakness and this is during a time that activity is slower. I have noticed more properties have hit the market this week (to be auctioned off in August).

Veech likes this.
  8. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Yes, let me dig out my plans and I will pm you his details tomorrow

BLAIR_ likes this.
  9. C-mac

C-mac Well-Known Member

I am not savvy with Melbourne at all, but the cursory eye ive been keeping on Melbourne has seen a lot of houses on land being snatched up aggressively in the last couple of months especially. Mostly in suburban heartlands of the north and east.

10. 380

380 Well-Known Member

Another week of strong data on auction results!

Agents are hoping for excellent summer buy and sell activity.

I have been told that there are more stock coming on market and have enough Buyers on their list for potential purchase.

Good time ahead for Melbourne Developers!!

Lets rock n roll!

OC1 likes this.
  11. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

So that is good we are still strong, go you beautiful thing

Last edited: 12th Jul, 2015
  12. OC1

OC1 Well-Known Member

Should be an interesting Spring. A few of my developments are close to or at completion and i'm finding it's a great time to sell too.

13. Johann_

Johann_ Well-Known Member

Melbourne property market is cooking... Yes the rental yields are average but the capital growth at the moment is amazing....

You have to weigh up what is more important to you!!

MTR and SOULFLY3 like this.
  14. ej89

ej89 Well-Known Member

15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Care to share where you are buying?

16. LATS

LATS Well-Known Member

Direct job loss from the three car manufacturers will be approx 13,000 and predominately blue collar workers. From what I can tell a lot will be low transferrable skills and low education - few will find and move to other jobs now, most will stay till the end and may flood the economy looking / fighting for similar blue collar jobs come 2017/18
    The high number of other job loss will come from suppliers - they relied too much on the car manufacturers business, once H/F/T are gone they would struggle to find clients / business that could utilize their existing tools/equipment/skills, hence big flow on job loss.

I believe the Govt is pumping in money into Geelong now so to prepare/build job opp for the job loss there. Not sure about Toyota or Holden tho.

17. Johann_

Johann_ Well-Known Member

Deer Park Deer Park Deer Park lol

18. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

@OC1 your favourite suburb for development is no longer a secret! 40% returns for everyone now!

OC1 likes this.
  19. OC1

OC1 Well-Known Member

Cat's outta the bag now, spewing :mad: :p

20. WinDyz.

WinDyz. Well-Known Member

Need advice with townhouses in glenroy... I'm interested in rather newish 2bed very close to station and schools. What's everyone though on that?