VIC Melbourne inner east PPOR - should I wait?

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by martiancrater, 15th Jun, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. codeninja

codeninja Well-Known Member

What if it is way too volatile to guess?

Or it won't drop at all. It is also possible that one can miss the opportunity to buy the home they are after by trying to time the market.

If I like a property to live in, I would just buy and stop checking the market. As I will be likely living for a while and the chances of retaining the property till it catches up with the market are high.

martiancrater likes this.
  2. Luca

Luca Well-Known Member

100% confirm what @Harris and @MTR said, there will be a nasty surprise for the vendors this summer. I think a lot of people are waiting to see what happens and a better season to list, stock will increase but demand will stay low, good time for shopping. In saying that, if you are looking for a PPOR, I wouldn`t be too fussy about the market conditions. What you like could not appear on the market for a long time.

martiancrater and MTR like this.

PFI can assist you with your investment strategies for your SMSF, Life Cover for your members and assistance with compliance. We provide the research to ensure your investment selections achieve the goals. This is the value of advice