Melbourne brokers?

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Mrsphan, 6th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mrsphan

Mrsphan New Member

We have just moved back from adelaide to melbourne and looking to buy within this month. We had a broker in adelaide to help us with the adelaide ip, I think we should get a melbourne broker for our ppor in melbourne? Can anyone recommend a broker who really knows his/her stuff (our situation is not as straight forward as salary workers) and can do it quickly as we are in a hurry to buy a place. What's the usual turnaround time to hear back from the banks? I have read others recommendation of brokers and they all seem very good but all based in Sydney :(

2. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Hi there

If you had a good experience with your previous broker - then you could still use them for the Melbourne property. You don't have to use a broker that's located in the area that you're looking to buy.

A local broker might be willing to chat about the local property market - but that doesn't imply they're good at structuring loans and providing credit advice (which is really a brokers core job - I wouldn't rely on them telling you where/what to buy).

Having said all that - Pete Tersteeg is in Melbourne (also on this forum) and is very good.

Cheers

Jamie

3. shorty

shorty Well-Known Member

I would second Pete. Great to deal with and knows his stuff

4. Mrsphan

Mrsphan New Member

Thank you and Jamie I have heard so many good things about you too. If any of our friend in Sydney need a broker I would recommend you too :)

Jamie Moore likes this.