Melbourne Broker

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Brendon, 15th Feb, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Brendon

Brendon Well-Known Member

After a lot of research and study I've realised that I really need to myself a good team around me if I'm to take my investing to the next level and not just something I do on the side.

I'm looking for a great broker, in Melbourne, preferably east of Melbourne.

I'm in a pretty good position currently, 2 properties with about $700,000 (total) and owe about $460,000.

I used a broker initially but he was useless and I almost lost a property because of it (only a lot of fast talking and stalling with the estate agent saved me) and have since dealt directly with a bank, which has been really easy, but I know if I want to grow a large portfolio I need to structure it right.

The only problem I've had with borrowing in the past is proving my income, my boss pays directly into my account but is stuck in the 1960's so I don't get payslips (it's only been the last couple of years that he's done Internet banking haha) however I'm sure this is an easy problem to get around.

Thanks!

2. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Do you want to work face to face? If so Peter Tersteeg is good. Otherwise have a search of the many brokers here on the forums, all of them can help you via skype, phone, email, facetime :)

Hwa Rang likes this.
  3. Brendon

Sorry, I should have said that.
    I do want to work face to face, I'm a bit old school and I prefer to be able to sit down with people.

Jess Peletier likes this.
  4. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

My mrs left her last job recently. Part of the issue was the old boss gave her post it notes with her hours, gross and tax noted. In 2016.

Up until a couple of years ago it was accompanied by a cheque. Useless and hopeless. Dentist.

It does impact choice of lenders, or makes it harder.

Some lenders accept 3 months bank statements and an employment letter, but it's still a hassle.

5. Brendon

@tobe its extremely annoying, I've been with him for almost 10 years so I have tax returns, proof of cash in every week etc but without proper slips can still be difficult.

I've been using CBA and they're really relaxed about it (at this stage) they said they just verify it all in house so it's not a problem, (I've received some generous valuations from them too) but I feel like if I don't start planning properly now I'll hit I ceiling after a couple more properties and be stuck.
    Plus I need advise on the best way to keep my money seperate so all debt is deductible even once I buy a PPOR.

6. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

If you've been dealing with the bank directly you're probably cross secured too - definitely give Pete a call.

@Peter_Tersteeg

7. tobe

tobe Well-Known Member

Cba are pretty good with verification when the salary goes into their account, but like Jess said you're most likely crossed. Much easier sorting that out earlier rather than later and doesn't necessarily mean changing banks. It could just be a restructure with cba and a plan for the next couple of purchases.

8. Brendon

Thanks @Jess Peletier i'like give him a call!

Luckily the loans aren't crossed or anything like that! The loans I have aren't bad, I just want to get it all 100% perfect before it gets too complicated.

Thanks again

Jess Peletier likes this.
  9. S0805

S0805 Well-Known Member

10. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

+1 for @Peter_Tersteeg we've had many clients use him over the years and been very happy. Experienced, responsive and cares for his clients :)

11. Brendon