VIC Melbourne anyone (or is Brisbane the go?) 400k range

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Maadha, 27th Jan, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JDP1

JDP1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, and in response to another posters claim that the gap will close because of sydney falling when in fact the graph shows brisbane has already moved and hence will contribute to close the gap.

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

My Brisbane properties and others I know of friends are tracking nicely with CG over the last 12 months and counting. Yeilds are fine. Sydney is also not 'coming down in a big way'. It is correcting, and some places will correct more than others. But Its completely normal. You really have no clue what your talking about mate.

Cactus likes this.
  3. melbournian

melbournian Well-Known Member

Just about anybody would bought anything in last few years would have seen growth either in bris, melb or sydney. So of course charts would trend to seeing gains.The only question is whereabouts is the highest growth moving forward

4. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

My guess is in affordable pockets , homes, as close to the suburbs people desire to live near but not quite the price tag.

Observer, JacM and JDP1 like this.
  5. stewballs

stewballs New Member

hi Ladies/Gents,
    jut a little follow up on my original post - i really do see the peak of the market happening right now, (perhaps, even behind us already). Can anyone here really give me any good news coming out of the Australian economy right now?
    I'll leave it to you to remind me how there are "markets within markets" and "well, my situation (valuation?) is fine right now/it's up 10, 25 or maybe even 75percent+" etc. - no supposed gains realised of course until you actually get that cash in your hand. How would you fare if you listed your property today? There is an increasing amount of listings in all cities recently, so your listing will only increase the choice for would-be buyers.
    Jut saying, there's always someone with a different view than yourself.
    Thanks for listening.
    Regards.

6. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

You're right.

Economy is crap. All the markets are sinking. Listings galore across Australia wide. Property game is finished. Investors holding all that debt are done.

Safer to keep renting mate.

Last edited: 4th Feb, 2016
  7. Fullysickbro

Fullysickbro Well-Known Member

Government will do what ever it can to keep the market going, so that's great news.
    And i would fare just fine thanks, if property drops 50%, I'll keep 2 mill in profits and buy again with hopefully better yield returns just like America.

Ko Ko Naing likes this.
  8. stewballs

stewballs New Member

You're right too Leo,
    Yes, I'm renting. I sold my property. Made a couple of $ too. All's well with the world. Thanks.
    Regards.

9. melbournian

i been analyzing and researching a bit over last 6 months, my money is follow the schools (units, villas will experience the highest jump in the million dollar suburbs where houses are out of reach to many).

upload_2016-2-4_0-0-50.png

upload_2016-2-4_0-1-38.png

Attached Files:

MTR and Sackie like this.
  10. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I like the idea of using the proximity of schools to identify possible future CG spots. Personally I would also look at other factors together with schools and not just isolate schools to make a decision though...

11. adrian_christian

adrian_christian Well-Known Member

Interesting public school list, is there one with both public and private school ranks?

12. melbournian

Yeah there are lots of other factors too like infrastructure distance to public transport, shops, traffic etc though many these areas already have these. If it was dev site anywhere really since u would gain gains from ur dev

Sackie likes this.
  13. melbournian

There is one though private schools + public schoola but private anyone with money can go to. Public u have to be in the zone to be able to attend hence a house or unit just 50 meters from outside could see a 100k or more diff In price

14. daiwaqa

daiwaqa Member

for higher potential CG and less value corrections risk, it seems FRANKSTON is the best pick, wont you agree?

15. melbournian

Well if you looking at the 400Kish mark and frankston ranked 20th in the state for VCE- u could say that. pretty good actually. less correction risk though i wouldn't say it will be the highest CG

16. Lana

Lana New Member

Hello MelbournIan
    I saw your time table and it looks good.
    But quick question have u used Propertyvalue by Core logic ?
    I know it's really good as it gives u detailed analysis of every suburb and my friends in real estate told me that they only use this data as it does all the tiny work for u and u just need to read it and cone to your own conclusion. .
    Anyone here used that data base ?
    I'm new to properly here.. I got one in Truganina and looking to buy more in eastern areas ...

17. Lana

Lana New Member

I ment table with schools*