VIC Melbourne $700-$800k Houses

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Finfreedom, 7th Oct, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Finfreedom

Finfreedom Member

Hi Everyone

Don't know Melbourne very well so hoping people can help me out with some advise. I am looking to buy a house and move out of my apartment. Hoping to get a house for our price range ($700k-$800k) and the house be close to a high street and walking distance to train station. Ideally not too far from the city but that might be too long a wish list for the price.
    I know from previous experience that once we narrow the property search to one suburb, the chances of finding a decent deal are fairly high. So any recommendations on which suburbs to look at ?
    Hoping to find something that can be positively geared in the future if I have to move out/away albeit through multi-let or airbnb.

Thanks
    Finguy

2. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

I have a few ideas ~~ except when it come to the multi-let / airbnb bit.....

The Y-man

3. Finfreedom

Finfreedom Member

Thanks Y-Man, what ideas ? can you please share ?

4. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Well, other than than the multilet/airbnb factor, Epping would probably fulfill the other factors:
    5 Helpmann Crescent, Epping, Vic 3076

Maybe have a look at Frankston - might work from a airbnbd factor in the future.

The Y-man

5. korando1234

korando1234 Well-Known Member

Around the Dandenong ranges might suit this budget and airbnbability.. finding something close to the station would be a big advantage so I'd look from upper ferntree gully, upwey through to belgrave

craigc and The Y-man like this.