Melb Economy…. Predictions again

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by MTR, 5th Oct, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. sash

sash Well-Known Member

That is incorrect.... most Indians come under skilled migration...it is just they will buy a smaller ..cheaper place build equity. The Chinese are usually not as upwardly mobile because of language skills...exceptions are Singaporeans, Malaysians, and Hongkers.

I Sydney...some Indian families are driving places like the Hills district through the roof.

PropNuB likes this.
  2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Smoke and mirrors….. lol. 15%

3. Mulianto

Mulianto ~~

Yup exactly what I was saying, North and West is much cheaper. Not sure where I was incorrect…

4. sash

sash Well-Known Member

I think you mean Melb...there they are headed mostly to the Southeast and Northeast.

5. Mulianto

Mulianto ~~

Oh lol yeah I was talking about Melbourne obviously as per heading.

North Sydney is expensive!

Edit: Ok, some will go far Southeast to be closer to work. Majority will stick to North and West

Last edited: 13th Oct, 2021
  6. George Smiley

George Smiley Well-Known Member

It's the kind of hysterics Murdoch and his ideological minions are pushing which is gobbled up by a loud minority that prefer hyperbolic emotional reinforcement over accepting and understanding the more nuanced reality. The talk of Victoria being a far-left authoritarian state is just..........well let's just say if you truly believe that you clearly have no idea what authoritarianism is and if you did you wouldn't make the charge so flippantly

Ignore the hysterics.

Pernoi and Ian87 like this.
  7. sash

sash Well-Known Member

Initially yes....but then a lot will move to places like Oakleigh...Mount Waverley...etc due to schools. They also like Berwick, Officer, Clyde, Cranbourne.

8. PropNuB

PropNuB Well-Known Member

Which Industries?

Big Universities will be starting to hum with life soon.
    Tourism is cyclical - once borders open early next year, it will be boom time again.
    Construction and manufacturing has gone on without any significant interruption.
    Finance and tech industry has boomed. Government never really stops! So only small businesses have had it tough and will mainly end up changing hands.

So, from my perspective it was just a temporary blip. By middle of next year it will be back to normal with only the way one works in white collar jobs changing permanently. This boom was driven by high income families competing for the bread crumbs of the housing supply with cheap money. That is not ending any time soon.

I think there will be no major change except investors being held back due to APRA intervention in the coming years.

9. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Most locked down city in the world, and little or no impact….give me strength

100 business’ going bust every month, but they are only small business holly molly…. :(

10. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

I try to ignore the hysterics but how do you get rid of main stream media:confused:. Gonna be a tough call

11. sash

sash Well-Known Member

100%....too many idiots getting their facts from this media and facebook.

No one talks about how stuffed NSW is also....they are just jump starting it. Bear in mind hey have liberal govt with religious fruit cake at the helm. No one says anything about that?

I reckon...Victoria will recover also....just as quickly....I would be more worried about states like SA and Qld who have not had large Covid cases...budgets which are not great and shut borders.

WA has the luxury of a surplus...but even there they have to be careful. Tasmania is another one.....prices have boomed what happens after Covid?

George Smiley, Pernoi and PropNuB like this.
  12. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Ok i have the solution just lock down forever and throw away the key….. it clearly worked really well, especially in Melb:p:confused:

Hamish84 likes this.
  13. PropNuB

PropNuB Well-Known Member

Religious fruit cake! So aptly put :):)

14. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

he is catholic, so that makes him a nutter:confused: ok thats interesting

We should not discriminate anyone based on their religion, colour, gender etc

15. George Smiley

George Smiley Well-Known Member

Surplus and deficit can mean anything and everything in between though. If tax revenue is distributed efficiently on productivity enhancing infrastructure and needed services then government debt can be a good thing economically and socially. The constant fixation we've seen at federal level since the GFC about getting the budget 'back in black' is meaningless; it's the size, servicability and nature of the debt that's more important.

PropNuB likes this.