Mehajer mansion for rent

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by christos, 9th Aug, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Umm... no we don't. I like the outside, and I like the ply ceiling in one of the bedrooms (not the mirror ceiling in the other bedroom... yuck!).

The rest of it leaves me cold.

The kitchen is hideous but that backsplash looks to me like a sheet of agate slices with fluro lighting behind. I've seen that in a stone supply store, and it is really beautiful in a small "statement" piece, but when you put a "statement" piece all over a whole wall, it loses its impact.

Plutus likes this.
  2. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

Larryx2, glad you liked it.

Whilst some may be into the "look at me" stuff, including the cars, good for them, so they can impress their friends (and I use the term loosely...) for an extra 5 minutes, it's not really my thing.

3. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Pretentious at best. Oh well, I guess he can keep fighting the suits... and it will bleed him dry.

4. Ted Varrick

Apparently not, but some OPM might be at stake... Salim loses court bid to stave off administrators so it's probably a matter of Problem Ownership, and who actually owns the problem...

5. Tom Simpson

Tom Simpson Well-Known Member

Looks like my next OO purchase...

6. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

Reno job.

mikey7 and vbplease like this.
  7. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

Not a blade of grass in sight (or is that one between those pavers), I wonder how they got approval for that through council!:rolleyes:

upload_2017-8-10_7-44-30.png

8. vbplease

vbplease Well-Known Member

I think a knock down and start again.. lets forget this monstrosity ever happened ;)

9. christos

christos Active Member

10. Ace in the Hole

Ace in the Hole Well-Known Member

Poor buggers next door completely overshadowed.
    Submission to council to reject the development must have disappeared somehow...

wylie likes this.
  11. spludgey

spludgey Well-Known Member

"After 29 years, I've decided to leave the Suburb of Lidcombe. Born and raised in this street / suburb, I've decided to finally rent it out to one luck family. Yes it's for Lease and NOT sale.. Did you know I designed, built and hand picked every single item in the house, from the screws that are the hinges to the light bulb luminosity. Slide through some of my carefully selected images (never seen before). Opps, there will be no disclosure of where in Sydney I'll be moving to Can you guess? LESSON TO ALL: You live, you learn and you upgrade. In God I trust Thank you"

Sounds like slumdog millionaire!

12. paulF

paulF Well-Known Member

I wouldn't live in that place even for free. Looks hideous and so out of place inside and outside. No harmony whatsoever around the place.

As for the owner, he is classless , vile and corrupt. Money can't buy character. End of story.

Citycat88, Ouga and Brickbybrick like this.
  13. Brickbybrick

Brickbybrick Well-Known Member

Got it in one.

qak and Ouga like this.
  14. neK

neK Well-Known Member

He did say he picked everything out ... including hinges.

Probably explains why most people find it tasteless. Money can't buy class (or taste).

And who puts a mirror on the ceiling ?
    Must really love himself if he wants to see his reflection while doing his "business"

Tranquilo and larrylarry like this.
  15. Ted Varrick

Maybe the guy who did the job was William the Concreter.

"He came. He saw. He concreted."

spludgey likes this.
  16. Ted Varrick

Paul, that's a little harsh, how can anybody be sure it's the end of the story?

inertia likes this.
  17. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Hideous house.

18. Plutus

Plutus Well-Known Member

I don't get it. He's clearly poured cash into that monstrosity and I'm sure an architect was involved in the exterior design, why not also get help with the interior?

Stuff like this:
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017...a_long_couch_mirror_wa-a-94_1502245522458.jpg

is just blatantly horrible design.

• TV's are mounted too high unless you're watching them standing up (that's the height you'd mount at in a "home bar" or man cave where people will be milling around watching some sort of sport)
    • Wall mounted sconces in line with the tv is going to give viewers eye strain, there is already recessed lighting in the roof
    • TV mounted on the right is mounted on a mirrored wall, so any movement behind is going to be super annoying, including seeing the reflection of the other TV or the light bouncing into your eyes from those sconces
    • The hell is that weird moss lamp thing?
    • if you look in the mirror, you can see the couch is at the end of a corridor. Beyond the whole feng shui nonsense, having your back to a walk way while seated is just poor design, you have to turn around every time someone comes down it to see who they are
    The house looks like its got good bones, but would need serious re-work to de-tacky it. I'm also at a loss as to why anyone would want wall to wall glass like that when rather than some stunning view of rolling hills or the ocean, the house is build right in the middle of Western Sydney malaise 80s lowset brick houses. Is it some sort of "never forget where I came from?" or "I dare you to rob me" kind of thing?

For a family that made its money from property (admittedly mostly dodgy deals), its baffling how much he screwed up this house.

19. Brian84

Brian84 Well-Known Member

You would have to be on it to even think about renting it.

20. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

He was the Deputy Major.....And a developer.