Medical Records - Privacy and Confidential Breach

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Never giveup, 3rd Aug, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. skater

skater Well-Known Member

To be honest, it wouldn't bother me. But in saying that, I'm relatively healthy. Hubby, on the other hand has medical records a mile long.

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

The first step towards curing your cat addiction - is to admit that you have a cat addiction! :p :D

craigc likes this.
  3. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Addiction? Definitely not! I've got a normal amount of cats.:p

upload_2021-8-5_8-51-7.png

upload_2021-8-5_8-52-47.png

Simon Hampel likes this.
  4. Never giveup

Never giveup Well-Known Member

You should visit a Cat cafe in Tokyo.....u'll luv it!

When I saw it, I thought its a pet store lol

5. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Never giveup likes this.
  6. skater

skater Well-Known Member

We went to Japan & went to a Hedgehog cafe. That was incredible. Went to a Cat Cafe in Melbourne with the grandchild.

7. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Do you see an issue?

8. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's no cat-friendly hand rail on those stairs.

9. skater

skater Well-Known Member

You're right, there isn't. But cats usually fall on their feet from that height.

10. Marg4000

Marg4000 Well-Known Member

I started receiving bank statements for a random person, similar name.

I phoned the relevant bank to tell them, reply that basically they could not do anything about it, they were obliged to send to the supplied email address.

Received a call later from a supervisor who had reviewed calls, thanked me and said they had removed the email address and were contacting the person to get correct email address.

Islay, Firefly99, wylie and 2 others like this.
  11. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Every couple of months we receive a letter in the mail addressed to someone who has not lived here in over 16 years (and possibly much longer) - sent via airmail from an overseas investment company.

I've been marking them as "not as this address" and popping them back in the letterbox for 16 years now :rolleyes:

Not quite as bad as sending stuff via email though - because I can't actually read these letters unless I were to open the envelope - which I've never done.

I do wonder about the letters though! I bet that if I did decide to one day break the law and open a letter hoping to find a lost fortune, that it would instead just be a newsletter and I would be incredibly disappointed.

skater and Never giveup like this.
  12. Never giveup

I also write "RTS- Return to Sender" and it worked on few of the companies but still get one or two.

With email, if they would have locked it via password and only given the password over the phone to us , that would have worked but this is very comprehensive open file.

Update- clinic acknowlwdged my email and said its clarical mistake and her manager will contact me to discuss.

Still no reaponse from the email id the info was sent to...

Simon Hampel likes this.
  13. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

Banks occasionally send me someone else's client documents (in error) and its just a matter of deleting and moving on

14. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

We received loan docs to our house for a stranger. Returned to sender as nobody else has ever lived at the address ever. Then another set. And a new credit card. I called lender and explained suspected fraud using our address. They used the old privacy issue. They even mailed a replacement card which I explained its a sign of fraud and they didnt escalate it no matter what. Later we received statemnets and a letter indicating unpaid repayments also addressesed to same party. I called bank. Privacy.

Then a while later a knock at the door. Bank investigator. Oh now they suspect it was fraud and someone used our address. Sucks to be them. idiots. Due to other mail we received for drivers license in same name (ID fraud) I suspected the culprit and reported it to cops and handed the detective the license and more bank loan letters and soon police paid a visit. They were so suprised I could tell them who it was but it was error by the offender. Our new locked letterbox possibly a reason. Its tamper proof. Then cops wanted a statement from me. I told them it was banks own doing and refused. Police agreed I did all I could and they didnt act and it was only detected because I opended the mail and did the work to find the issue. I even gave them name of staff I spoke to who wouldnt report it onwards.

STG.

The Y-man and Never giveup like this.
  15. Never giveup

Things like this worry me

Few months ago I was getting calls that I fiidnt psy electricity bill in 2016 etc

I explained that I never had thos company energy connection and he was very assertive to give my date of birth etc....I didn't and told them not to call. But again kept getting calls...cut the dtory shot someone in Melb has sane nane as me but nit sure how they connected his credut history to mine name etc....

Privacy breach is huge and medical records are even senstive info...now someone has all our address, phone numbs, and other details that csn be used to apply anything (if one wants to by creatibg fake docs) and here many users are ok with it !!!!