Medibank Private

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by Paul@PAS, 7th Jul, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Clients of Medibank Private (not AHM) may not receive their annual tax statements until (sometime ?) after 15th July they announced today. They cant identify a precise date at this time. Seems a IT failure has hit them and they cant issue the required statements.

This will delay some (planned) early lodgers. There is no Plan B. Lodgement cannot be made without this information.

2. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member

15th July isnt going to affect a great many people when the due date for issuing PAYG sumaries isn't until 14th July. Media making a mountain out of a mole hill

3. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Doesn't everyone lodge a year late? I lodged my 2015 today. Clearly won't effect me.

But it does remind me, I really must leave Medibank Private...

4. EN710

EN710 Well-Known Member

Eh? I thought when you say that the details are in your inbox, it is for 2016 :confused:

15 July is not too bad, but I bet the staff in the company is feeling the heat

Bran likes this.
  5. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Did you know your 2016 return is now due at end of October and ATO can issue a penalty even if you get a refund or without warning. I had an enquiry from someone is this position 2 days ago... $2200 penalty and he hasnt even lodged yet. Lodgement after 30 June of the following year triggers a range of concerns and is a departure from the ATO practice of not penalising late refund returns. Clearly does affect you....You may not know it.

6. Bounce

Bounce Well-Known Member

Yes! I am considering leaving Medibank too.........so expensive!

7. Proper Property

Proper Property Active Member

Which one do you think is relative affordable for what you get out of a health insurance policy?

8. Heinz57

Heinz57 Well-Known Member

Received an e mail 31 July is the date apparently