Medibank Ltd (ASX: MPL) - My Research Notes

Discussion in 'Shares & Funds' started by Investor_Scotty, 23rd Mar, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Investor_Scotty

Investor_Scotty Well-Known Member

Hi everyone.

Back in October, I finished off a detailed investment report on Medibank Private Limited (ASX: MPL) which I'm happy to share with the forum.

In short, I show how the famed 'death spiral' for the health insurance industry is unlikely and how large insurers like Medibank can sustain earnings growth on a long-term basis.

Enjoy!

Disclaimer: This research note was produced for my own enjoyment and is provided as an example of how I used to do equities research. It's in no way a recommendation to buy or sell the shares of any company. You should seek the advice of a licensed professional before making any investment decision. I'm not responsible for any losses or gains you make.

Attached Files:

2. Noobieboy

Noobieboy Well-Known Member

The problem with PHI is that they exist only due to negative stimulation of customers. The vast majority of profitable customers enrol to avoid Medicare surcharge. The market is created by governmental stimulus (including billions in rebates). This can change at any time.

twisted strategies and rizzle like this.
  3. Investor_Scotty

Investor_Scotty Well-Known Member

Thanks for your response :)

I've written a detailed summary of the value proposition of PHI in the report. No worries if you disagree.

twisted strategies likes this.
  4. twisted strategies

twisted strategies Well-Known Member

i avoided this sector as i worried about constant regulator interference ( probably due to government policy changes )

my exposure to this sector is via ETFs and LICs

but thanks for your insights

cheers