Median Price $4,186,100

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Redwing, 11th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Redwing

Redwing Well-Known Member

Insane Home Prices here due to location (Apple, Facebook and Google’s headquarters are all within a 30-minute drive)

The median home value in Portola Valley is $4,186,100. Portola Valley home values have gone up 0.6% over the past year and Zillow predicts they will rise 3.5% within the next year.

Nationally, the median value of U.S. homes is $225,300. (3.67 times America’s median household income)

upload_2019-3-11_15-22-2.png
    upload_2019-3-11_15-23-55.png

2. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I love the optimistic forecast on the end of that graph. We drove through this area last year when on holiday; beautiful spot but I wouldn't have guess that prices were this high.
    California real estate is quite overvalued in general, double the price of neighbouring states.

Redwing likes this.
  3. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

4. Guest

Guest Guest

5. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

But this is the playground of the rich. Hard to really compare this median with this other States in US when you have billionaires living in this zip

Median is established over 50 States, imagine what the median house price would be for houses in rust belt of US. :eek:

6. Redwing

The Real Estate Market in Charts
    A study from BNP Paribas showed close to 60% of respondents felt owning a home was one of the top ingredients in the American Dream. Increasingly, this dream is out of reach for many young people.

One of the many reasons so many millennials are unhappy with their financial situation is that buying a house has become so expensive in many parts of the country. Here’s how prices nationwide have performed since bottoming out in 2012 following the crisis:

upload_2019-3-11_17-8-8.png

7. Redwing

8. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I wondered what on earth that was when I drove past this last year. I thought it was some sort of street designated for parking RVs - it didn't occur to me that people were actually living in them!

JohnPropChat likes this.