QLD Meadowbrook rental potential

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Simba, 15th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Simba

Simba New Member

Thinking of buying my first IP in Meadowbrook, QLD - would appreciate your opinions regarding rental potential and potential for capital gain. Location seems pretty good on paper - close to hospital, train station and shops.

2. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Hi there is a good little enclave at meadownbrook, and I think the houses and location is pretty nice. There is a mixed group in meadowbrook, home owners and renters to nearby uni and hospital. If I needed to rent in the area I would prefer meadowbrook over other areas, so I think it stands out as a good option.

Some of the other nearby suburbs are more difficult to rent out

3. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Beautiful spot- definitely a standout in Logan with top access to everything (highways, train, hospital, shops, university, etc), but you'll pay a premium for it. House prices are quite a bit higher than a comparable house in most other areas of Logan.

4. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Tom Rivera likes this.
  5. relentless1

relentless1 Member

It looks like a business park directly behind it. Could be quite busy/noisy hence the low price?

6. Tom Rivera

Tom Rivera Property Manager Business Member

Backs onto the hospital, wont be much noise. That price would mostly be attributed to the fact that it's only a 3-Bed 1-Bath with no garage, otherwise looks like quite a nice house.

7. Zac Chan

Zac Chan Member

I went there for an open house. It is indeed a very nice house. It is on a quiet street, no much noise; otherwise the owners wouldn’t live there for more than a decade. They only moved because they made a retirement plan and needed to sell it fast to put money on a retirement home.