Me in the media - apparently.

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by BuyersAgent, 6th Nov, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

Hehe yes I know they can be iffy and main thing is to avoid senseless controversy or being taken in the wrong direction. No offense taken and I know it doesn't mean much about me except there aren't many BA's down my way (for good reason the market hasn't been there to support more) - lack of any alternatives means they will probably call from time to time.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that.

2. Jennifer Duke

Jennifer Duke Well-Known Member

As a Domain reporter - we often call out of the blue, but always state it is for an article, where we are from and are held to the accuracy of the quotes.

If you're unsure, always ask first if you will be quoted in an article. Saying "off the record" after the fact is also disregarded by a lot of people.

I like to think most journos would take it easy on people who aren't usually media figures/media trained, but it's not always the case.

To be quite honest, unless it's breaking news and the individual is directly involved, there is little point ruining a relationship before it starts. I usually ask if I've called at a good time etc and tell them what I want beforehand. Respect is a two-way street.

BuyersAgent likes this.
  3. WattleIdo

WattleIdo midas touch

It's actually a good article Matt and true to what you would say on the forum. At first was wondering whether they'd just copy-and-pasted from here. They sure went to town with what you said. Should've put your signature and contact details at the end!

4. BuyersAgent

BuyersAgent Well-Known Member Business Member

Thanks @WattleIdo - its really cheesy when written up like that but I guess out there in reader land it might help someone and I can only say what I see, right or wrong. Their readership probably isn't as educated as here, so playing it safe is probably the best policy too.

5. Lisa Parker

Lisa Parker Well-Known Member

Very easily. I have had quite a few articles written by me which have ended up published on blogs and in magazines without my knowledge. Ive only found out via other people commenting.

Journalists take things That have been written elsewhere and re-purpose them without asking.

6. Lisa Parker

Lisa Parker Well-Known Member

Wow!