Max LVR - which lenders?

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Martinez22, 22nd Jun, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Martinez22

Martinez22 Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Which lenders currently offer the max LVR for home owners ?
    Also, which lenders offer the max LVR for investors wanting to release equity?

Trying to get my head around all the changes to figure out the best options going forward. Any help would be appreciated :)

2. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Still 95% loans around for purchases and 90% for top ups. Most majors will be ok. It is the servicing side where things are tighter.

3. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Agree with Terry - majors still generally fine. Some are moving to cap IPs loans at 90% inclusive of LMI (so around 88% LVR + LMI).

Just carried out a 90% + LMI equity release with ANZ today with no dramas. Purpose was for a future investment property purchase.

I know some don't like ANZ but I find them to be one of the better lenders for high LVR equity releases.

Cheers

Jamie

4. Corey Batt

Corey Batt Well-Known Member

Exactly - ANZ may not be the best - but they're fairly consistent in a few key areas.

As to the OP, owner occupiers haven't been targeted the same as investors so still have the 95% LVR + LMI (unlimited LMI capping with some lenders). Always weigh up the options of 90% vs 95%, as the LMI exponently increases above 90% for only a marginal increase in deposit savings.