Master of Applied Finance - Macquairie University

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by evisional, 21st May, 2009.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. evisional

evisional Well-Known Member

Do you have any opinion about taking the Master of Applied Finance - Macquairie University?

I am 37 years old and working as software developer for the last 5 years.

After getting bachelor of finance 15 years ago, I worked as auditor for 5 year. Afte that, I changed my career into IT by completing a Master degree in IT. I worked in IT for 5 years and now want to go back to financial career. I want to become a financial adivser or provide financial services.

Do you think if it is good to change career at my age? also your idea about the degree which I want to take?

2. AsxBroker

AsxBroker Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's a good course for Applied Finance...

If you want to provide financial services legally you need to be RG146 compliant. You can find a list of courses http://www.asic.gov.au/eTraining/eTrain.nsf

I've heard of people changing careers in their 50s to become financial advisers. Taking the path of least resistance is usually the easiest, why you would take a post-grad course when you only need to complete a Diploma in Financial Services (Financial Planning)?

Cheers,

Dan

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia