Maroochydore

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Tobytom, 18th Nov, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tobytom

Tobytom Well-Known Member

Hello to the PC Community. A great site with soooo much info
    Been looking at property (units) in the Gold Coast area but struggling to get in on my price point (around - 300k), with a target growth and yield of around 6% for both.

Was suggested I look more towards Maroochydore. I like the Gold Coast and its growth prospects but any opinions on Maroochydore - starting to get to regional for my liking?

A friend who has been there several times when they have stayed in Noosa isn't very complimentary, but isn't seeing it with an investment hat on

Opinions would be greatly appreciated.

TT

Jamie Moore and Sonamic like this.
  2. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Lots of planned infrastructure.

There's a few sunny coast members here that will prob provide input.

I don't know too much about the Maroochydore market but have been keeping a close eye on Coolum up to Noosa. Seems like it's on an upswing at the moment.

Cheers

Jamie

MJS1034 likes this.
  3. Tobytom

Tobytom Well-Known Member

Thanks Jamie

4. MJS1034

MJS1034 Well-Known Member

Hi Toby,

Welcome to property chat. I have been on here for about 18 months and no idea what I would do without it!

I bought an IP in Maroochydore last year and so far so good :D. By all reports the market is just starting to take off and with all the big developments around the area I believe it will do extremely well.
    The maroochydore CBD has just begun and should provide thousands of long term jobs aswell as instant construction jobs. The main issue with the Sunshine Coast is there is limited career opportunity so all these developments can only be a good thing for coast as it certainly passes the lifestyle test.

Maroochydore has very little available land so the scarcity is there for established properties along with the airport extension and the central location to the CBD and beaches I see Maroochydore as the pick of the suburbs on the coast. Great rental yields of around 5%.

I've attached an article with other developments that are happening on the Sunshine Coast too.
    10 contentious developments on the Sunshine Coast

Toon and Sonamic like this.

Price Accounting provide investor + developer tax services world and Australia wide for your property and all tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI below for our new client pack and quoted pricing + client portal access. Trusts, Co and SMSF are our specialty.