Open Marking posts for later reading

Discussion in 'PropertyChat Community & Website' started by Hodor, 5th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

Sometimes I look here and find something I want to read later (limited for time when a long post comes up or on my phone etc) or want to review it again. I was after a check box or similar which would mark a post within a thread as favourite/important or something similar which I can then bring up in a list of links at a later time to read. I tend to spend time looking for some posts or forget about them.

Not sure if this is already a feature, if it is great, how do I do it?

craigc likes this.
  2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Founder Staff Member

Not a current feature. Good idea though.

Until then, try using something like Trello to keep track of things? Using the Trello addon for your browser you can easily save a link to a page for future reference.

trinity168 likes this.
  3. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

Or save the the thread as a bookmark? (Keep them in a PropertyChat folder)

TadhgMor likes this.
  4. Hodor

Hodor Well-Known Member

I'll have to look at trello. Not sure if I can sync links between the work computer and phone, will try that too.

5. House

House Well-Known Member

If you have an iPhone you can Add to Reading List which is what I do or Bookmark into a PC folder. I think if you have a Mac you may be able use the Handover feature but haven't tried it yet.

I also use Evernote to just copy/paste the links into different categories for future reference as searching certain words on PC can yield way too many results. This way you can sync between any device that can use this app

6. TadhgMor

TadhgMor Well-Known Member

I do this and since I'm using FireFox I use its inbuilt sync facility to maintain links across FF on all my platforms.