Market signals

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Brody Hales, 25th Aug, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Brody Hales

Brody Hales Active Member

Hi there

I am trying to figure out how things are going in the market. I have been following the days on market for sales and the amount properties are on average being sold to the list price (discounted). Do you find these to be helpful indicators and what methods are used normally?

Thanks

Blueshoes99 likes this.
  2. Blueshoes99

Blueshoes99 Well-Known Member

I’m so confused as well. I’ve been to so many open houses and auctions lately and it’s up and down.

I’m in Sydney.

3. San2018

San2018 Well-Known Member

I am on the same boat. I am looking to buy PPOR in Northshore from the last 6 months or so. It seems I missed the boat. I see a lot of stock coming. Supply might increase and demand/ prices come down or neutralise?

4. Blueshoes99

Blueshoes99 Well-Known Member

Need big budget for north shore. Low stock atm and it’s a bit crazy. Outside of north shore I’ve been to a few auctions whereby there were no bidders and then went to a few where it was a tough job for the auctioneers to even get a $1 million bid but eventually someone did. On the other hand when it’s a super nice house the starting bid was higher than the price range. I think when people want to buy now and due to low stock they are not playing anymore and just wanna smash the competition.