Market Crash? A different perspective on IO

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Ghoti, 2nd Nov, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. DrunkSailor

DrunkSailor Well-Known Member

These agencies must be witnessing a notable amount of investors trying to offload as p&i kicks in

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

It's beyond me why otherwise intelligent investors can't simply follow the timeless advice of buy when markers correct and sell or consolidate when markets peak . So many ppl find it too psychologically difficult to leave the herd and invest in an opposite fashion to most others.

albanga, Perthguy and kierank like this.
  3. Speede

Speede Well-Known Member

In different threads you write different things....such as not to touch property in sydney now.......and in another thread doing a 20million dollar duplex development in sydney....hmm

4. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

Perhaps. It depends how prepared they were. Personally, I prepared well, switched all my loans to P&I and won't be selling anything.

5. Perthguy

Perthguy Well-Known Member

It's interesting because I have bought, held and sold an investment property in Melbourne for a profit. I don't have to guess at the numbers because I know what the numbers are. I made a lot more than putting the initial deposit in a HISA and earning $3k per year ;)

If we want to play good investment/bad investment, sticking half a million dollars in a HISA and making 3% per year is nothing to brag about. It's a low return actually. You would have done a lot better buying VAS, as one simple example. There's always an armchair critic and always a better deal.

Sackie likes this.
  6. Befuddled

Befuddled Well-Known Member

OK that did not age well ;)