VIC Market Analysis Books

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Shiran, 9th Feb, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Shiran

Shiran Member

Hi guys, I'm new to investing and I'd like to fortify some knowledge before I put some dollars down. Are there any books that teach you how to analyse the property market and choose the right place to purchase an investment property?

I've read "Getting Started In Property Investing For Dummies". However, I need more information regarding Market Analysis.

I look forward to any advice and thanks in advance.

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

You can ask 50 people how they do market analysis and you'll get a broad range of answers.

I like to investigate both qualitative and quantitative factors.

I don't think there is one book which covers everything but do a search on here for recommend books. I've posted a few times some books I think are worth reading

This is a useful article. Covers a lot.

How to use demand and supply indicators to gauge a suburbs potential

Most importantly, do not use one piece of data to conclude your answer. The more corroborating your data the better. Never only use numbers. Qualitative data is extremely important imo.

Jess Peletier and SkyeR like this.
  3. Westie

Westie Well-Known Member

Great information here already by @Sackie, I'll add by saying you should read as much as you can on the forums here and pull the trigger on your first one. You could be "analysing" forever and not get anywhere (I didn't for years).

4. Shiran

Shiran Member

Hi guys, thanks so much for your replies. I will certainly take your advice!

5. kmrr

kmrr Well-Known Member

6. Piston_Broke

Piston_Broke Well-Known Member

I am yet to see any correlation between general prices and infrastructure.
    When everyone was screaming there's no land left in Sydney (a lie) and supply was gone, prices went down regardless of the billions spent on infrastructure.
    They tend to be lagging imo and follow. Govs hardly ever build infrastructure in advance.

7. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

Research all paints a picture and no one data point should be relied upon on it's own. The Margaret Lomas book is a good start.