NSW Marayong Vs Quakers Hill -Investment Property

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Samurai, 1st Jul, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Samurai

Samurai Member

Hi Folks,
    I am looking for an investment property -house with potential granny flat. I have seen couple of properties in Marayong and Quakers Hill.
    1) Marayong 3 Bed ,1 bathroom , 1 Car Port with 560 sq meter : $800k. Approx. 10min walk/2 min drive from Railway station
    Rent : Approx. $450 weekly

2) Quakers Hill 3 Bed,1 bathroom, 1 garage with 575 sq meter : $900k. Approx. 25min walk/ 4min drive from Railway station

I can easily build a granny to add $375 weekly rent. But, keen to know your views on capital gains in 5-7 years timeframe and also suburb profile in investment portfolio ?

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Sam.

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I own exactly what your talking about. Old 3 bedders with garage, large land for GF. If sold now probably get over 900k. Bought about 9 years ago.

Imo the probability that prices will grow substantially from current prices of 900k in the next 5 years is low. If I was going to spend 900k plus GF costs, I'd be looking elsewhere tbh especially for greater probability of CG. At the end of the day anything can happen. But I think the probability is low that QH will have great CG in 5 years from with a 900k plus buy in price .

Also, forget a 5 year time frame. The probability to guestimate what will happen in an area in 5 years is very low. Give it 9 to 12 years and the odds are more favourable.

Samurai likes this.
  3. skater

skater Well-Known Member

Property is a long term investment. This current boom we are experiencing could go on for a couple of more years, or could end tomorrow. Either way, to expect another boom to create more CG in such a small time frame is flawed.

Samurai likes this.
  4. Samurai

Samurai Member

Great, thank you for the advice. Which option you will pick between the 2 suburbs mentioned as below again?
    1) Marayong -Palona Street
    3 Bed ,1 bathroom , 1 Car Port with 560 sq meter : $795k. Approx. 10min walk/2 min drive from Railway station

2) Quakers Hill -Kennigton Avenue
    3 Bed,1 bathroom, 1 garage with 575 sq meter : $895k. Approx. 25min walk/ 4min drive from Railway station

5. AAA2214

AAA2214 Well-Known Member

Quakers hill. Still potential and mainly owner occupied suburb