Mango Hill vs Kallangur

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by AMC, 15th May, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. AMC

AMC Active Member

Hi,
    I have offered 2 properties and both offers accepted.
    But I'm not sure which one is better for IP in the future.

Which one would you buy? both prices are same, bed/ bath/ carpark same.
    1. Mango hill : 400m2, old house (built approx 1960), double story, drainage issue, need chemical barrier for termite in the future, but no termite issue at all, need some touch ups in the house (kitchen cabinet, cooktop etc) tenant paying good rent and wants to live longer. close to shops, transport and school.

2. Kallangur : 400m2, newer than mango hill one (built approx 2000), single story, had termite attack before and have chemical barrier, owner occupied, close to school but distance from shops and transport.

Mango hill seems that it has a lot to fix but Kallangur one doesn't look that bad.
    We are thinking more renovation or rebuilt Mango hill one in the future.

Which one would you buy?
    Which area do you think has more potential?
    Which one do you think for better capital gain?

2. Firefly99

Firefly99 Well-Known Member

If you have put offers in on both properties and they have been accepted then, unless there was some type of clause to get you out of buying them, I’d say you’re buying both...

Northy85 likes this.
  3. Clean Cookie

Clean Cookie Well-Known Member

I'd say both aren't in contract form as is common in Brissy)

4. Firefly99

Firefly99 Well-Known Member

I’ve brought several properties in Brisbane and my ‘offers’ were always a contract and the ‘acceptance’ of the offer was the seller countersigning. Anything else in my view is just chit chat.

5. Clean Cookie

Clean Cookie Well-Known Member

Of 10 we were interested in recently (and "offered" on) only one was on contract basis. It was actually a nervous wait to get a contract signed once we had acknowledgement of the vendor accepting our initial written on a piece of paper offer, knowing they're still fishing for better offers at the same time.

6. AMC

AMC Active Member

I might wirte wrongly. Both weren't contracts. Just offer forms. Anyway we decided one, just signed a contract last night and waiting sellers sign.

Firefly99 likes this.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia