Managing personal expenses

Discussion in 'Money Management & Banking' started by bob shovel, 11th Dec, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. BKRinvesting

BKRinvesting Well-Known Member

I use YouNeedABudget (YNAB),
    very user friendly, setup your budget on your computer, track expenses in real time on your mobile devices. Fairly sure you can also import data and sync from there too.

2. Wall Street

Wall Street Well-Known Member

Excel (via a CSV import) should do the job in most cases. The analysis tools in there (pivots, lookups etc) are great - it just takes a bit of playing around to get used to.

I'd be very hesitant to freely give someone like ANZ all of my financial information. There will be special little clauses in there saying that they can do anything they like with the data.

3. Eugene82

Eugene82 Well-Known Member

I use an app on my phone. Seems to do what you're asking. It's called Wally
    Cheers E

4. Mombius Hibachi

Mombius Hibachi Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't track my expenses. I prefer to spend the time I would be tracking my expenses on increasing my income.

Life is too short to worry about tracking expenses.

Note: I am not a big spender by nature. My biggest expenses are rent and beer. I've never been into accumulating 'stuff' or living an expensive lifestyle.

Not that living the high life is a bad thing! If that is what people want, then I say all the best to them and I hope that they achieve the income required to maintain said lifestyle. My business is all about assisting people in achieving their preferred lifestyle. We all have different preferences and choices, mine happen to be rather simple.

I also should point out that I am single and have no children, so that makes it significantly easier for me to keep expenses to a minimum.

5. S0805

S0805 Well-Known Member

ANZ Money manager is closing down as of 31st Jul this year. I've used that for number of years and their 'Expense Analysis chart' and 'Cash Flow Analysis' was quite useful.....what r the other alternatives we have apart from Excel...Any other major provides similar service....has pocketbook improved their functionality and is reporting available in that now....don't mind using their web version.