Sports & Fitness Mamba out....

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by Jerry O, 14th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Jerry O

Jerry O Well-Known Member

Such a sad moment in the basketball world for anyone who follows the game..

After years of following Kobe Bryant and the Lakers, its time to say goodbye to one of NBA's most respected player.

#mambaday
    #thankyouKobe

What do you think is Kobe's next move after this?

2. skuzy

skuzy Well-Known Member

wouldnt be surprised they make him a coach

3. Jerry O

I thought so too.. his shoes and apparel is not as popular as the J's..

4. magma

magma Active Member

He doesn't have that commentator voice so I reckon coaching is a good transition. I hope he doesn't end up doing reality shows.

Jerry O likes this.
  5. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

I practically missed his whole career. Stopped watching NBA around 1995 and just picked it up again last year. What did I miss? :p

6. Jerry O

I agree with this one. But hey, look at what they have done with Lockyer. LoL

7. Jerry O

hahaha... Kobe was said to be the next Michael Jordan. You've heard of MJ right?

8. magma

magma Active Member

I cringe every time I hear Shaq talking... it's got substance but it's not coming across clearly because of his enunciation.

9. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

I stayed off social media, etc all day so I could watch Kobe's last game without any distractions. He'll always be one of my favourite players - in a sport that I love.

I've been an NBA fan since I can remember - I remember being a 7 or 8 year old patiently waiting for video hits to finish on Sunday morning so NBA action could start.

We didn't have access to live telecasts back in the day - so between the 30 minutes of NBA action each week and the videos on hire from video ezy - that was pretty much my fix.

I always loved Jordan and admired the Bulls - but as a youngster in Australia it wasn't easy to catch their games.

That changed in the 2000's - pay tv provided a greater range of live sports and there was no shortage of lakers game on air.

The lakers aren't my team - but Kobe is will always be one of my favourite players. His determination and will to win is like nothing I've ever seen.

To go out scoring 60 points (a league record for the 15/16 season) is phenomenal! They weren't easy buckets either- his last 15 were in clutch time with a game on the line.

I will always be grateful for the 20 years he gave - and seeing him live was an amazing experience and something I'll never forget.

It's a sad day - but also very happy to see him go out the way he did.

Mamba out!

HappyCamper, LMD and Jerry O like this.
  10. mrdobalina

mrdobalina Well-Known Member

60 points for Kobe in his final game.... Plus Curry and GSW breaking the season wins record. What a day!

11. Jerry O

You're right. His segment "Shaq'tin a Fool" is not that good. All I hear is mumbling of a few words then he laughs for the rest of the sentence.

12. Jerry O

I remember him having a scandal and being bombarded with social media nasty comments a few years back. But that didn't affect his game at all. Shows his true professionalism and love of the game. Ball is life or so they say...

13. LMD

LMD Well-Known Member

What a performance from the man, Kobe. Perfectly encapsulated his career in one game.. Haven't always been a fan of the mamba but I have always respected his approach to the game and dedication to the craft.

Thanks for memories kobe!

#mambaout

14. Jamie Moore

It is for me :)

Now I need my clips to upset the dubs in the second round and it will be the best year of basketball ever!

15. Roosterman

Roosterman Well-Known Member

Jamie I can't see the Clips beating the Warriors in 7 games.

There was a moment in yesterday's game where Steph hit 3 x 3 pointers in 3 consecutive possessions and the poor old Grizzlies were left wondering what hit them. It's possible the Spurs can take 2 games off them but this is the year of the Dub.....

Biz likes this.
  16. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

That is the crappy thing about the NBA finals. It's too predictable because the series go for too long. Best of 3 would be perfect. The best team should still win but there is more of a chance for an upset too.

17. Jamie Moore

haha - don't worry - I'm a realist :)

Dubs have it this year. My only slight concern is that the cavs have a relatively easy run through the East and Lebron isn't under the spotlight like recent years (he's putting up amazing numbers at the moment!).

The dubs have a tough road ahead (clips then spurs - I'm not even going to mention their first round match up) - and will be knackered after not resting players and going for the 73.

At the end of the day - I still have the Dubs winning it all. What a team!

Cheers

Jamie

18. magma

magma Active Member

if anyone wants to see Kobe's final game, here ya go... just watched it, Snoop seemed to have missed on good seats + why would he take a vertical selfie video?! while jumping for joy...

Jamie Moore and Jerry O like this.
  19. Jerry O

Seems like Snoop's as high as a kite as always..

JDP1 likes this.
  20. bread_boy

bread_boy Well-Known Member

FTB.JPG Was anyone able to get their hands on any Kobe FTB's? Can't believe they only released these in Chadstone Footlocker :mad: Nike showing no love for Sydney...

Last edited: 16th Apr, 2016