Malcolm Turnbull can still lead a united Coalition to victory over Labor

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sackie, 8th Apr, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Ed Barton

Ed Barton Well-Known Member

Being top of the bottom of the barrel is not something to celebrate.

It's been a decade since we had a functioning PM. 5 PMs in ten years is a shame on this country.

2. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

You have a valid point there and we would probably all agree. Our leaders have been very disappointing, to put it delicately, Turnbull included. I had very high hopes for him after his work on the Republican debate.

3. Deck

Deck Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. icic

icic Well-Known Member

I completely agree with your point there and that's why we shouldn't be playing musical chairs with our PM's and leave them with some peace for a little to do their job properly.
    It does not help that the coalition that is all divided with people the like of Abbott and Joyce continue to distract at every opportunity. BTW, Howard wasn't too flashy either as he has done nothing significant for NSW(not sure about the other states)in the form of infrastructures. That's why we are way behind in meeting the demands despite a fever of activities in the last 5 years.

5. Ed Barton

The last four, or five depending on how you count it have been a disgrace.

Turnbull hasn't done anything, Abbott just wanted to punch anyone within site. Rudd had trouble spelling his own name in English. Julia - could have been good if we'd given a '*****' a go. Howard's politics were terrible but he was a good leader. Keating was a good bean counter but an average PM. Hawke was excellent. Fraser was ok. Whitlam's legacies will live on... After that I cant remember.

TSK and Angel like this.
  6. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

If I recall, Howard was alright then he lost the plot in his final term. Can we send Joyce and Abbott to go fishing together on a lonely beach somewhere?

7. Ed Barton

I only recognise the first line. Mr sheen is probably the best out of them and Turnbull the worst.

Hawke is clearly a winner in the second line, Who are the others?

8. Redom

Redom Mortgage Broker Business Plus Member

Haha this is great.

9. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

Ed ,This is good read about who came before ,when covering literature about management of people's weaknesses ,vices, defects ,and confusions.imho..

10. Ed Barton

I might give it a go.

11. ollidrac nosaj

ollidrac nosaj Well-Known Member

12. Kangabanga

Kangabanga Well-Known Member

BS will be up next for PM. With syd/melb property markets correcting, peoples there will be feeling squeezed, especially rising food and energy costs and will likely vote more for whoever is not in power.

And yes, shorten should rap more, 'the tables have turned bull! ' lol..

highlighter and ollidrac nosaj like this.
  13. Ted Varrick

Ted Varrick Well-Known Member

14. Lizzie

Lizzie Well-Known Member

I reckon Turnbull had the potential to be the best PM for a long stretch, but the party politics got in the way.

You have to understand how differently the two parties operate. In the Liberals, everyone is entitled to their opinion and that opinion is allowed to be different from the party policy - it leads to robust debate that can lead to the best out or stalemate - but also the perception of division (even when there is none). Labor party allows no difference of opinion - one either tows the party line or gets tossed out - this leads to a very beige and so-so policies but no arguments.

Problem with Liberal is that don't seem to be able to explain their policies and vision - or the way the party operates - to the people.

I really wish Turnbull would stand up for the platform on which he got elected to the PM position. The country would like to see a strong leader, capable of making some tough decisions, rather than the constant consulting .... Shorten seems strong, but only because there are not allowed any naysayers

MikeyBallarat, Blueskies and HUGH72 like this.
  15. MikeyBallarat

MikeyBallarat Well-Known Member

He may live in the 21st Century but his party’s economic policy is lifted straight from a certain manifesto written in 1848.

Serveman and Lizzie like this.
  16. Serveman

Serveman Well-Known Member

Well, does anyone want to have a go at picking what date we will go to the polls?
    I think Malcom has had his best month in a while and Bill probably had his worst.
    I think whoever has the best strategist will win the election.
    Just out of interest I'd be interested in getting an idea of what issues and agenda's are of most importance to the Australian people in the current climate.
    Being a property forum, I think policies related to property ownership will be one of them.

17. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

A strong result for Labor in the by-elections Shortens the odds.

18. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

I've got all my fingers and toes crossed and praying for a miracle the libs stay in. Not so much because of changes to real estate (though not good) labor will bring in, but more so I loahe their ideological beliefs.

19. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

Given the loss of votes to One Neuron, I think the LNP will increase their racist attacks on some parts of the community. The other thing we'll see is some sort of feigned attempt to force businesses to lift wages, this will be a key election issue.

ollidrac nosaj likes this.
  20. LibGS

LibGS Well-Known Member

If this is the result of the PMs best month....

Next election will be in May. This limp government will hang in there as long as possible and sow as many poison pills as it can.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia