Making Money on House & Land Packages

Discussion in 'Development' started by sash, 10th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. ASB

ASB New Member

Good point MTR and thanks for sharing Tom. I'll look into the Logan, North GC and other estates in the Brisbane area. Don't feel comfortable with the prices in the Melbourne area at the moment.

2. Connor

Connor Well-Known Member

Yes... But you need to be very selective on the area, estate and lot purchased. Takes work, but its still possible to to put together a H&L deal for a good 10-15% less than what comparable houses are selling for. There's some instant equity right there...and that's without factoring in any market growth.

Sackie, ashish1137 and Cactus like this.
  3. Ardi

Ardi Well-Known Member

@MTR Have you seen any signs of improvement for Perth yet? Or do you think there is no end in sight?

4. ASB

ASB New Member

Good point about being selective. Saw prices in a Rockbank estate for the first time since April and they are up 30K on average. And this is on prices I thought were high! I will definitely look further out. Wydhamvale, Donnybrook and Melton probably.

5. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Rising prices in a new development doesnt always reflect a market. It may reflect demand being constant and so the developer has raised prices after selling a number of lots.

Tom Rivera likes this.
  6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Stock is moving but its price sensitive.

The millennials are snapping up nice little trendy houses/cottages in popular inner city pockets, its not unusual to see more than one offer on these.

I spoke to a re agent the other day and he believes the market has bottomed, he is also a developer.

The outer burbs where there is lots of land may take more time to recover??

MTR:)

Ardi likes this.
  7. Seby643

Seby643 Well-Known Member

What are people paying lately for a 3x2x2 turn key home in outer west melbourne lately?

8. ashish1137

ashish1137 Well-Known Member

I would say about 185k (+-5k) for a 17 square.

Property Investors! Ready to Pay Less Tax? Estimate how much Property Depreciation you can claim on your Investment Property. Washington Brown's calculator is the first calculator to draw on real properties to determine an accurate estimate.