MadeComfy - Has anyone used this Short Term Property Managers - North Ryde

Discussion in 'Airbnb & Short Term Letting' started by Tonibell, 29th Sep, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Tonibell

Tonibell Well-Known Member

Hi all, looking at attempting to increase the rental return of our investment property located at North Ryde. The property has the standard three bedroom, one bathroom, one lock up garage built in the 1960's. At the back is a two bedroom granny flat built in 2013. Both residences have there own fenced backyard and completely separate.

After many years of carrying this property, I would like to increase the Rental Yield.
    I am looking at using a short term property management company by the name of MadeComfy. I don't want to mange the property myself.

Does anyone know if there is enough demand for short term stays at North Ryde ?. I was hoping that there is demand as a result of the North Ryde Business Parks.

I am looking at starting with the granny flat as that residence will be available in December.

Cheers

2. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

I did it for a decent period of time (Sept 2015 to Jan 2017) for a unit in West Ryde and that was fine. Plenty of demand and consistently good guests. There were some people attending events at SOP and there was people needing to do things at Westmead hospital, and there were people who had family out at Penrith but they wanted to stay in middle ground between the family and the city. I also had a guy attending an electrical training college in Silverwater - its the only group teaching these courses in the state. Note my apartment was renovated and literally at the train line and train station, easy access to shops, restaurants, supermarkets and transport.

With North Ryde you'd probably have Mac university events (Graduations) and people staying for the nearby business park. I won't say for sure if you'll be better or worse off short term letting vs. Long term. Have a look at nearby listings, check out their occupancy rate and their ratings?

If you get a company to manage they will obviously charge something. I lucked out and had a lovely lady living across the street managing mine when I couldn't do the clean. She made beds like a professional....

3. Tonibell

Thanks Gockie for your advise.

4. Lars

Lars Member

Hi Tonibell,

Thank you for your interest in MadeComfy! Let me know if I can help you with something, I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

Cheers,

Lars

5. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

Made a post earlier today if that helps - Hi there!

6. Tonibell

Hi Lars,

7. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

I would be interested in the cost of madecomfys proposition. It does appear scaleable and I may suspect a benefit comes at a cost. The more you seek the more it costs eg linen, handover, multiple sites, listings, photos ........

Take care with using unregistsred providers ....

8. Lars

Lars Member

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your message! We want to be as transparent as possible, therefore we don't offer different packages and is everything covered by our 20% charge.

Last edited by a moderator: 1st Nov, 2017