Food & Dining MacDonalds and the Humble burger

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MTR, 5th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Mombius Hibachi

Mombius Hibachi Well-Known Member

Haven't had the Reuben (yet). Get the mac n cheese as well.

2. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Sanj, thanks
    you have to be someone in food business, or just a plain foodie:)

I will try it and let you know

MTR

sanj likes this.
  3. willair

willair Well-Known Member Premium Member

I have been told that place is a standout in Queenstown,it's on the list in a few weeks..
    http://www.fergburger.com/fullscreen.html

4. geoffw

geoffw Moderator Staff Member

The new Maccas burgers might not be the greatest, but they will be raking in the money.

I was on the road last week with daughters, so there wasn't much choice. Just a burger- but then with a few extras, not that many- the $6.95 burgers suddenly became $12.95 each.

I objected strongly to not being show the price of any extras. It was only evident once the burger build was completed.

5. HD_ACE

HD_ACE Game-Changer

Agreed. Very good. Especially at 3 in the morning.
    Also try burgerfuel NZ wide.

Have any of you perthites tried alfreds kitchen I think its called in guildford.
    Little place on its own. Website says over 40 burgers. Always packed everytime i drive past. Talking 30-50 people waiting. No matter what day or time.

Might have to give it a shot.

6. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Alfreds is good but it's a case of being greater than the sum of its parts. Eg they do tasty basic burgers but the combo of the fire pit, the fact it's been there for 50 odd years, you might be sitting in between a bikie and someone in a suit on the way back from a day in the green show etc means it's a fun experience. The burgers themselves are good but not amazing imo, there are people who disagree with me though

Decent pea and ham soup too

7. Daniel007

Daniel007 Well-Known Member

To be honest, it was the most overrated burger i've had. I waited 45 min for a burger that tasted average, i much prefer chur burger, burger project or marys which are all based in Sydney. All are different interpretations so everyone has a different opinion on which one is better than the other

8. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

A pretty part of the world San Fran.

9. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Hopefully, Hayne will be part of the 49ers squad. Going to a game on 21 Dec.

Azazel likes this.
  10. xanh

xanh Active Member

Why not go to Huxtaburgers in Melbourne and have the Bills (Cosby) Burger? I hear its targeting the female market. :eek:

11. sanj

I don't think jokes about rape are funny

Bran likes this.
  12. xanh

xanh Active Member

The burger named Bills was created well before the news came out. The owners of Huxtaburger acknowledged that it was unfortunate, though.

Huxtaburger is actually very popular. Good burgers, but a little on the small side in my opinion.

If you are on the sensitive side, you may want to stay clear of the internet.

Mombius Hibachi likes this.
  13. S.T

S.T Well-Known Member

My four favorite burger places in Melbourne;

Easys in Collingwood, you can eat burgers in old train carriages on the roof about 3 floors up complete with graffiti! they do some great chilli chips too.

Huxtaburger, Denise burger would be my fav.

Beer and Burger Bar on Swan in Richmond, great place for a bite to eat pre or post footy at the MCG.

Andrews Burgers in Albert Park are also legendary. More old school style fish n chip shop burgers.

sanj likes this.
  14. sanj

I'm well aware of the history of the naming of the burger. It was an entirely innocent exercise on their part.

I'm referring specifically to you thinking the alleged rape of nearly 50 women is something funny. It's got nothing to do with sensitivities, grow up.

15. sanj

Thanks for the reminder, I'd read about easys a few months ago but completely forgot about it. Will see how I go. A friend of mine writes a pretty popular melb based food and travel blog so I tend to get some tips from him in addition to what I've read about myself.

16. S.T

S.T Well-Known Member

Easys is just a great experience all round, you might have to get there at a time other than peak to sit in one of the carriages though - they were busy when we rocked up at around 8pm during a week night.

17. sanj

Thanks for the tip. I managed to pull some strings and get a last minute dinner booking at town mouse on Saturday but apart from that have kept it all free and loose. Easys sounds good though.

Was thinking of Attica but that might be too big a favour to ask, I think they're up to 6 weeks wait on a Saturday atm

18. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

I had a couple of friends whose parents owned one of those old school takeaways. I've owned a food van and inherited the recipes from the previous owner. We've exchanged some tips. Added to some miscellaneous friends/family secret additions, you really need to make your own - tip: a 100% beef pattie is boring. But really, it always tastes better when someone else makes it for you.
    And don't get me started on those wanky burger joints, no burger should cost over $12 - unless it's got lobster on it ;)

Last edited: 6th Aug, 2015
    MTR and sanj like this.
  19. Mombius Hibachi

Good on you for holding your ground. Now if only we could get everyone who buckled to the perpetually aggrieved to follow your lead.

xanh likes this.
  20. Mombius Hibachi

Cheers for the tip, bro. Will definitely check it out.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia