Food & Dining MacDonalds and the Humble burger

Discussion in 'Living Room' started by MTR, 5th Aug, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

2. Propagate

Propagate Well-Known Member

If you're in Melbourne, head to BoBo's diner on the ground floor of the Quest building. Fabulous American style burgers, (and insanely good ribs). Service can be slow at times but worth it.

*EDITED to add.. that's the ground floor of the FRANKSTON Quest building, might help narrow it down a bit ;-)

Last edited: 5th Aug, 2015
    WattleIdo likes this.
  3. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Best Berger

Fergbergers !

Unfortunately in Queenstown in NZ , but the go to play in the ski season .

Cliff

4. sanj

sanj Well-Known Member Premium Member

Varsity in nedlands and northbridge do typical American burgers

5. Biz

Biz Well-Known Member

The new Macca's burgers are bomb ****. I really like them.

6. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Guess what Sanj got the Texan last week Northbridge, absolutely disgusting, could not finish eating them. Heart attack material, I am into heart attack material, but this was just gross, so much cheese, so much bacon, 2 meat patties, no salad.

Can not remember what my daughter ordered, it was better but still gross, very little salad, just overloaded with too much fat content.

We decided to try Varsity because a food critic mentioned it as No. 2 on the list as best burgers in Perth.

Wont go back. Don't really like Grill'd but close to home and I must say Grill'd was a far superior burger in every way.

MTR:)

7. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Stuff the USA burgers; we had loads of them over there, and Aus burgers are just as good or better. Best burger we had was on the 101 on the way to San Fran in a roadside diner.

Nah; go to; Chez Judy. (my house)

*Turkish bread - sliced, light spray with olive oil and toasted under grill until slightly golden.
    *Premium grade mince pattie
    *Fried bacon slices on top of this.
    *Tasty cheese slice on top of bacon and meat pattie as it's cooking
    *Fried onion (on top of melting cheese to keep it in place)
    *Fried mushroom on top of cheese (melts into cheese to keep in place).
    *Butter Turkish bread, then apply natural mayonnaise to top half, tomato/BBQ sauce to lower half (under the meat)
    * Sliced tomato and lettuce on top.
    *Ground cracked pepper and a bit of ground rock salt.

Eat.

WattleIdo, Chilliblue and MTR like this.
  8. eyespy1

eyespy1 Well-Known Member

In sydney we have grilld, moo burger and ribs and burgers all of which I find pretty good. Apparently the US have In n Out burger and heaps of chains that have followed that similar style of burger with huge success. They Are just simple hamburgers with cheese, nothing fancy.....have yet to try them to see why people rave about them.

9. 380

380 Well-Known Member

Churburger in Sydney is good!! Try it if you are around surry hills.

10. sanj

haha yeah the texan is too full on for me too. i like their simple double cheese burger or the pimento at most. i do notice theyve been having some issues with consistency lately though.

unfortunately for u that simple burger with bugger all lettuce, melted cheese and soft slightly sweet bun is definitely american style, are you sure thats what u want?

11. abbyfresh

abbyfresh Well-Known Member

It goes against everything they stood for, certainly does. One would think the labour component goes up for burgers that are unique.

Rumour has it to reduce staff they may go down the self check in track to order everything via your smart phone as well. Order on your phone, burgers created by robots, and in effect should cut the staff to run the business by half or less. Not good news for those wanting part time work at macca's.

There still a lot more automation to come, and it is this company that can afford to develop it properly, and others will follow.

12. MJS1034

MJS1034 Well-Known Member

I'm also yet to find the perfect burger, but the one at Rockpool is as close I've gotten 9/10 :D

13. Chilliblue

Chilliblue Well-Known Member

We had no idea why In n Out are so popular when we tried one. Had to leave them half uneaten and was by far the worst meal we had in USA.

14. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Burgers in US were not like this, the sweet buns are definately wrong.
    Just haven to try Just burgers, they were number 3 on the list

15. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Really, ok maybe give this a go, that was voted number 1 in Perth

Thanks

16. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

@Chilliblue I can't wait to eat in and out burgers this December in San Francisco. My last trip was in 2004.

17. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

18. sanj

american burger buns are typically sweet and soft, that is the case more often than not imo. brioche buns are popular in the more top end places but even that is of course naturally a bit sweet and rich

the potato buns at shake shack are pretty good for a large scale commercial product.

FWIW jus burgers is decent, they were better when they first opened and only had 1 store, moving to 5 meant the quality suffered a bit. Certainly less cheesy and greasy than varsity so u might enjoy it.

19. Mombius Hibachi

Mombius Hibachi Well-Known Member

Next time you're in Melbourne, I'll take you to Bowery to Williamsburg, they have a burger there called The Godfather. Oh my...

Then for dinner we'll go to Goneburger, the Beef n Bacon is delicious! Plus the chips are really tasty, too.

There's also a place in East St Kilda called Treehouse. The burger isn't *quite* as good, but the chips are fantastic!

20. sanj

haha ill be in melbourne this weekend, staying just off hardware lane so that is already on the list. is their reuben any good? ive heard mixed opinions. didnt mind the one at longhorn saloon but it wasnt amazing