Lurker, finally posting

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JBe, 7th Jun, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. JBe

JBe Member

Hi all,

I have been reading SS and property chat for some time now and have found it a great resource. I have found a great buyer's agent, broker and pest guy all through this forum, along with lots of knowledge. Thought it best if I actually make a post or two and see if I can contribute something as I slowly get some experience.

I am from Sydney, bought my first property (IP) last year in Brisbane using a buyers agent. Now it has come time to buy a PPOR in Sydney for the family.

Given Sydney prices it might be a while before I get any more IPs but I do hope to do so in the future.

Will continue to read and hopefully throw a couple of posts around and get involved.

EN710 likes this.
  2. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

Welcome JBe :)

3. Xenia

Xenia Well-Known Member

Hi JBe
    Good to see you finally came out ;)

Looking forward to more interaction with you.
    X

MTR likes this.
  4. Bayview

Bayview Well-Known Member

Have you considered buying a PPoR in Sydney, but rent it out for a few years (up to 6 years before any GCT kicks in if you ever sell) and rent somewhere yourself until the prices settle, then move back into the PPoR and buy another IP??

Last edited: 7th Jun, 2016
  5. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

Welcome @JBe. What area of Sydney are you looking for the PPOR? :)

6. Jerry O

Jerry O Well-Known Member

welcome aboard JBe! guess i'll be seeing you around then. ;)

7. JBe

JBe Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

We are looking to buy upper north around Thornleigh, Westleigh, Normanhurst area. Looking for some stability for the kids so aim to pick something and live in it for a loooong time :)

Haven't looked at renting it out but unlikely to, want to move in and make it home.

Certainly very different looking for a ppor compared to trying to find IP. I haven't even seen the Brisbane property we bought... completely emotionless

Last edited: 7th Jun, 2016
    Xenia likes this.
  8. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

@JBe - hear the market has been crazy there....I guess it has been in most places in Sydney.

Agree, PPOR is a much more difficult decision. Will come down to your buying power and willingness to compete in this market.

You will find the right one though. Personally, it helped to have a really clear criteria on the negotiables and non negotiables. When you see the right deal it will be quick.

9. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Gday @JBe , welcome aboard.
    Where abouts in Brisbane did you buy your IP?

10. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

Welcome aboard @JBe :)

Cheers

Jamie

11. JBe

JBe Member

Picked one up in Everton Hills. Didn't feel like a bargain, market was competitive at the time but it rented straight away and yield is at 5% so pretty happy with it so far.

12. Azazel

Azazel Well-Known Member

Good stuff.
    Is there any scope for developing there in the future? Everton Hills reduced their minimum block size I think.

13. JBe

JBe Member

Interesting, I wasn't aware. Block is about 700sq so not very much to play with

14. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Welcome @JBe. Feel free to come to our North Ryde meetup, you'll find it in the meetups section! :)

Ps. The Upper North should do well as the new M1-M2 link will take the trucks off Pennant Hills Rd. I really love the green leafiness of Westleigh, and Thornleigh and Normanhurst are also quite leafy and has the convenience of train services.

Last edited: 9th Jun, 2016
  15. JBe

JBe Member

Yes we love Westleigh, it is quiet and leafy as you say. It feels safe and the kind of environment we want to raise the little ones in. It does lack easy train access which makes it cheaper than Thornleigh/Normanhurst, and there are less investors to compete with. So hopefully we can pick up a nice little family home within budget. :)

That northconnex tunnel can't come soon enough. I commute pennant hills road every day.... it is the bane of my existence :mad:. I am sure it is aging me prematurely.

16. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

As long as they don't do something like they did to Epping Rd when they introduced that tunnel and turn a perfectly decent three lane road into a one lane road... :mad::mad:

17. Never giveup

Never giveup Well-Known Member

Hi @JBe,

Did you buy in Westleigh?