Lower priced future potential areas

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by New2prop, 29th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

I think it has a good brewery and is oversupplied with apartments - now, and into the foreseeable future.

I don't think you are going to find any business on this forum. Generally speaking, we are pretty anti-OTP, anti-inner city apartments.

Last edited: 3rd Oct, 2016
  2. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

@Clarity94 Can you tell us why your investment company is now targetting Brisbane? These are presumably asian buyers? Is there a shift in interest to Brisbane? Please elaborate!

3. Clarity94

Clarity94 Member

I am okay with pure discussion anyway, it's just my work to sell mostly OTP apartments, house land package and in fact I have stock of properties in all suburbs, in Sydney from CBD townhall all the way to Parramatta or even further. All I have been sharing is purely my thoughts and what I have been sharing with my customers, it has nothing to do with I have been selling. There is another purpose that I am in this forum, to see any good potential options for house investment or perhaps commercial properties.

4. Clarity94

Clarity94 Member

It is not just asian buyers but also buyers from middle east from my customer base. The shift of interest to Brisbane to my understanding, its because Brisbane is the top 3 most populated cities of Australia that having the house price of around 1/2 of Sydney. Plus I don't think house and land alone can be the only kind of property surviving if the property market burst. Studying economics since high school let me understand its the population growth drives the demand for apartments, and therefore demand of land near CBD area. It is not the house to have the CG but the land that is precious. Without population growth the whole property market collapses including houses.

5. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Problem is, and Bran said it right, Forumites who want to make money from property don't tend to buy OTP, and they also don't tend to buy house and land packages. If you buy these you are simply buying the developers margin, the developer is only in the game to make a hefty profit for themselves. They don't care if the market is over saturated as long as they can make their money.

For OTP and House and land packages, it can take time for those properties to have any capital growth. You can't value add by renovating, can't subdivide, can't develop (which are some strategies you can employ by buying established) so you are simply at the mercy of the market when you buy from someone like yourself. Add in the fact you may find 100's or 1000's of similar properties in the vicinity of your property that are not very different and your CG can go out the window.

Eric Wu, Ko Ko Naing and Beelzebub like this.
  6. Clarity94

Clarity94 Member

Then why my colleagues and clients are still making money from buying these properties? I am not excluding any sort of investments that is good for CG, I also invest in houses and apartments with 20+ years old.

7. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Well-Known Member

That being said, I think some people are doing okay off H&L on here - particularly in Vic. My H&L has been doing okay. But no one who has any idea would be touching OTP close to CBD in Melb, Syd or Bris - maybe in some smaller developments away from the centre... maybe.

8. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Are you selling 20yo houses and apartments to your colleagues and clients? That's a different kettle of fish...

9. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Who are your clients - buyers or sellers?

10. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Why just your understanding? If you are recommending areas to your clients, you must have your own research short of forum lurkers opinions. My opinion is worth pretty close to nothing.

There is no (or little) population growth in Brisbane, if that is the only driver for increased prices, then we will go nowhere.

11. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Flooding and a sewerage treatment plant might affect their prices. Mind you, my brother who lives in Sydney and is a financial planner was suggesting to us a few years ago that Pinkenba is the place to be buying, given no-one else wants it and all those luxury apartments marketed to foreigners near the gateway bridge.

12. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Newstead was really nice 20 years ago before all the nice old houses were demolished. O sorry, that was Teneriffe.

Newstead. Cant get to Powerhouse for a show due to all the cars blocking the streets everywhere. Too bloody crowded. Give me a Victorian up on the hill instead. There aren't many left.

Thank you Pixie Bloody Skase.

Will our new friend recognise my seriously evil sarcasm?

As a kid in the 70s I used to spend the afternoons playing on the cross-river ferries when I got bored at my Grandmother's Bulimba pad.

Elives likes this.
  13. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Hang on. Newstead isn't cheap. It might be compared to Sydney, Melbourne and Singapore, but not to locals born here. Is this the right thread?

14. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

just because its your job to sell something doesnt mean its a good investment!

15. TMNT

TMNT Well-Known Member

how many of these wonderful investments have you purchased fr yourself?

if they were so good, you wouldnt need to spam this website

Gockie likes this.
  16. Mumbai

Mumbai Well-Known Member

Numbers or it did not happen.

17. Gen-Y

Gen-Y Well-Known Member

2 things I see here.
    1) Armour guard is up pretty high.
    2) Skepticism is off the chart.

New guy better smarten up or be up front. :)

18. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree, including Park Ridge too :cool:

19. BB5

BB5 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't expect much in the way of growth in any of those outer Brisbane areas unless you are expecting more rate cuts.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia