Lower priced future potential areas

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by New2prop, 29th Sep, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

Yes. Ermington, Dundas, Telopea, Rydalmere are all going nuts at the moment. Lots of KDR in my area and they are lifting the expectations in listings. Nice to walk around the old fibro and the new builds. Even these areas are becoming out of reach. An old 2 bedder apartment is going for $500k and it's about 25km away from CBD.

2. Clarity94

Clarity94 Member

It really depends on the income, tax, family etc. factors and situation of the individual to decide which investment that suits.

Last edited by a moderator: 1st Feb, 2017
  3. larrylarry

larrylarry Well-Known Member

you should become a business member here. ask @Simon Hampel

4. SydneyInvestor

SydneyInvestor Well-Known Member

I wonder why is Granville and Homebush west still cheap as compared to other surrounding suburbs!!!

5. Clarity94

Clarity94 Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I will subscribe premium membership and attend a few events and see how it goes.

Last edited: 30th Sep, 2016
  6. Tenex

Tenex Well-Known Member

The current boom is the direct result of very low interest rates and to some degree foreign money. Literally "everywhere" has had a boom. Otherwise there is nothing special about many of those suburbs.

Places that are close to major employment hubs, universities, water etc, have a reason to retain their price even if interest rate goes up but otherwise watch other places that are considered as "hot" crash when interest rate goes anywhere north of 5.5%. No one predicted those places will go up, majority just got lucky.

I would say in the current market dont buy apartments anywhere, they are going to be the most affected when prices go down and with land I would only consider investing in Sydney and Melbourne inner suburbs or Perth as Perth has hit bottom or is very close to. If the mining game picks up, Perth is going to be a big money maker as you can pick up properties now for good prices IMO.

Anywhere else in Australia is a mine field to buy anything.

New2prop likes this.
  7. Inov8ive

Inov8ive Well-Known Member

LAkemba & Wiley PArk are pretty hard to beat IMO. A lot of planned infrastructure and transport upgrades already approved with a change in the zoning of certain areas also underway. 2-1-1 can still be picked up for 400k which is quite simply amazing being 15kms from the CBD of Sydney.

Shawn, Moltzerman, ej89 and 2 others like this.
  8. Connor

Connor Well-Known Member

Melbourne has had a few cheaper suburbs fly under the radar over the last 12 months and see some decent gains. Hampton Park, Narre Warren, Cranbourne, Hoppers Crossing, Werribee are not seen as the most desirable suburbs by many, but over the last 12-15 months have seen a decent jump in prices. Comparable homes are now 60k-100k more than this time last year.
    Not bad considering you could of bought in at low 300's in those or mid-high 200's in Werribee.
    Great returns if you ask me.

Going forward, I see Melton is moving (finally), and Broadmeadows should catch the ripple effect of neighbouring suburbs...

9. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Yes like Park Ridge in Logan City Council (QLD). It is now gentrifying.

Sonamic likes this.
  10. Tekoz

Tekoz Well-Known Member

Good for investing, but for some reason, the demographic is not making you feel safe :cool:.

What about Greenacre, Fairfield and Bankstown ?

11. Yujin

Yujin Active Member

Acacia Ridge, Inala, Durack and Tingalpa in Brisbane. All less than $500K median within 14km of the Brisbane CBD.

Altona Meadows in Melbourne?

Tekoz likes this.
  12. Clarity94

Clarity94 Member

Everyone knows purchasing a house would be way better than units in terms of GC. BUT it's not everyone to have enough of money and cash flow to sustain the huge investment input of owning a house. These people should never invest in properties given they don't have enough income and capital to buy a house!? Me personally still have to pay 4k of interest to the bank for my house PPOR.

13. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Disagree.

Jeremy86 likes this.
  14. MTR

MTR Well-Known Member

Broadmeadows Melb, ticks many boxes and on the nose with locals but some developers making some serious $.

MTR:)

Beelzebub and Sonamic like this.
  15. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Have you tried to buy something in Moorooka recently? Mansfield? Hardly cheap!

Ipswich and surrounds is still a sitter.
    The Creastmead/Marsden/Browns plains side of Logan is starting to move.

Tekoz likes this.
  16. Clarity94

Clarity94 Member

Any better suggestions?

17. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Agree with Bran.
    Imo, buy a house in Brisbane, as long as its flood free. Don't buy a unit.

Toon likes this.
  18. Bran

Bran Well-Known Member

Yep. See above. I've got whole threads about my Brisbane recommendations too ;)

Toon likes this.
  19. Blueskies

Blueskies Well-Known Member

Not saying they are rock bottom cheap, just that they are at a discount to neighbouring suburbs.

Saw another area today and though of this thread, Eagle farm and Pinkenba, right next to ascot, Hamilton etc million dollar suburbs. I assume they are cheap because of being near the flight path and heavy industry but maybe one day?

Bran likes this.
  20. Clarity94

Clarity94 Member

What do you think about Newstead?