Lowball offers Adelaide

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Directproperty, 18th Dec, 2018.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Directproperty

Directproperty Active Member

Hi, just curious if anyone is selling in Adelaide at the moment? I’m shocked at the crap amounts I’ve been offered for my properties!! I’ve just sold an IP in Glenelg North and made a good amount on this one but I’ve only been offered $410,000 for my maisonette in Glengowrie! I paid $403,000 in 2009!! I’ve also been offered very low amounts on a Sheidow Park house. I know it’s a slow market but what is going on??! TIA

2. Ben Chifley

Ben Chifley Well-Known Member

If you can afford to hang on for a higher price then do so - if you can't do that then you'll just have to take what's on offer.

Were you expecting higher capital growth in Glengowrie? There's a lot of high-rise going up along the Anzac Highway due to rezoning so you're competing with a lot of off-the-plan at the moment.

3. Brady

Brady Well-Known Member

This time of year is perfect for low balls!
    My experience with properties available this time of year is that they're either stale listing or desperate.
    I know a fair few who're waiting for next year to list on the advice of their REA as better time for selling.
    How long ago did you put the properties on the market?

Dean Collins likes this.
  4. Directproperty

Directproperty Active Member

Ok thanks. After research I thought I would get more than what I paid 9 years ago in Glengowrie! It’s only been on the market since October but I need to sell to port the loan to another house. Sheidow Park has been on the market since August. Anyway, I figured Christmas would be a bit quiet but when I was buying up years ago it didn’t matter what time of year it was. I would still buy. Things have definitely changed

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia