Low maintenance strategies

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Vinnie_Chase, 26th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Vinnie_Chase

Vinnie_Chase Member

I'm wondering how many people here have a low maintenance strategy and how they identify properties that would suit that strategy?

I'm in the fortunate position of enjoying my day job but I know that it won't get me into a position to retire at the time of my choosing. I've recently made my first IP purchase but have been wondering what criteria others have?

Does the type of tenant influence how you purchase?
    How old is the property when building issues start to creep in?
    What features do you try and avoid (e.g. pool)?

2. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

HI @Vinnie_Chase

Congratulants on your first purchase mate.

If your looking for a low maintenance strategy then you'd property be looking for a dwelling that is decent condition with a long term Buy and Hold strategy. Buying just a few years old might fit your criteria. But it all has to come back to your goals and timeframe. I mean there is little point to buy a place just because it is low maintenance but is not in an area with good growth fundamentals for medium to long term capital growth.

So when you decide on a place to invest in that you think has good fundamentals for long term, buying a dwelling that is not too old in that area should reduce your maintenance issues. But then the property manager will deal with all of that so i really don't see it as such a big issue.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia