NSW Looking to invest in unregistered land

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by HomeOwner, 11th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. HomeOwner

HomeOwner New Member

Hi everyone. Me and my partner have decided to invest in unregistered land. Is there a magic way of knowing where land is being released. Mainly interested in North West Sydney or up Gosford way.

2. Jerry O

Jerry O Well-Known Member

Your best contact I guess would be the real estate agents around that particular area. They would know what is happening or what is planned to happen in the future.

Begs the question, why unregistered land? One reason is that its cheap. But you also mentioned that you will "invest" in unregistered land. Have you worked out your numbers on that? Have you factored in the length of time for this to be registered?

3. Jennifer Duke

Jennifer Duke Well-Known Member

If there was a magic way, I'm sure we'd all be rich ;)

teetotal likes this.
  4. Colin Rice

Colin Rice Mortgage Broker Business Member

This can work and I have used it to my advantage in the past with as little as a 1k deposit but has to be a booming market.

Also depends on the dynamics as a piece of land that is 2 months from being registered/titled would be a safer bet than a developer who is in the early stages of a DA and registration/titling could be years away and may never happen. Dont get caught out!

Few more tips here - How to succeed in house and land investments

mimi87126 likes this.
  5. drg86

drg86 Well-Known Member

Just look up new estates in the areas you're interested in. We recently did this and put down a deposit on a block that was due to title about 3 months later. 20% gain once it was registered and the supply around it sold off. Won't always be like this but get the right block in the right market and it pays off.

6. teetotal

teetotal Well-Known Member

Look into NSW planning website, Sydney metropolitan plans, council plans and you'll find the magic way ;)

7. HomeOwner

HomeOwner New Member

Thank you everyone. Yes am trying to get as much understanding on this topic as possible. I am looking at investing in land which are in Sydney priority growth area and in someway is due to be registered soon. Problem is developers are starting to set the prices just right. Unlike previous time when unregistered land would go for less than 400K and would later once registered sell for around 500-550k. I am searching for gems as such.

8. teetotal

teetotal Well-Known Member

Don't look into the areas that are in Priority Growth area.
    Instead look for those that are next to the Priority Growth area, just outside the boundaries.

Buy Property Interstate WITHOUT Dropping $15k On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia