NSW Looking to buy a property near bush

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by varunmalhotra, 4th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. varunmalhotra

varunmalhotra New Member

Hi There,

We are exploring suburbs to buy our first house. We like areas near the bush like Burraneer Avenue (in St ives) overlooking the Garigal national Park. Could you advise of similar locations in Turramurra, St Ives, Wahroonga?

Thanks heaps.

2. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

3. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Have a look at Terry Hills, Oxford Falls, Asquith or Berowra.

How deep are your pockets?

4. varunmalhotra

varunmalhotra New Member

Ahh thanks, will check them out. Sweetspot is 1.8M.

5. Scott No Mates

@varunmalhotra - you may find something in malton rd beecroft or north Epping as well.

6. varunmalhotra

varunmalhotra New Member

@Scott No Mates Thank you. I am looking in Beecroft as well (didn't really like Epping). Btw Terrey Hills look great, not many houses for sale there but will keep en eye.

7. Scott No Mates

North Epping is a bit out of the way and different from the main part of Epping. @Gockie lives around there.

8. teetotal

teetotal Well-Known Member

Depends how much bush you want.
    If all-bushy suburb is what you are after, go for berowra. Or go outside Sydney, plenty of places up on the coast or on the mountains.
    If after a partly bushy suburb with shops and transport etc, go around cherrybrook.

Is it for a PPOR ?

9. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Yep. North Epping is completely surrounded by bush (Lane Cove National Park), very different to Epping. It has an excellent friendly community. You can also try Westleigh and there are still lots of nice hidden foresty areas on the Epping-Hornsby train line.

Scott No Mates likes this.
  10. Gockie

Gockie Life is good ☺️ Premium Member

Just a thought... For something else foresty I also like Killarney Heights.
    Btw, you can also find some "foresty" homes in Epping, mine is.
    I'm in the fire prone zone according the council.

Last edited: 4th Apr, 2017
  11. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

If you look at the map of the upper north shore , there's bush on the east and west edge of every suburb from Killara up to Wahroonga and all the way past Hornsby . You can go over the over side of Middle Harbour to places like Frenchs Forrest / Davidson and the properties on the edge of the bush will be cheaper

The most expensive properties are East side , walk station and generally the west side is cheaper.

First thing I'd be thinking about is where you work and where you want to get to . The north shore line is popular with commuters to the City . We moved from around fox valley road to near bobbin head road , probably around a 1.5 km move and in peak hour , that move saves me around 10-15 mins in commuting in time going out to Mona Vale.

Schools ? Public ? Private .

Cheaper areas , I'd look at West Pymble , North and South Turramurra

That house in burraneer looks nice , but haven't been watching most of the local market to know what I''d expect it to go for , though 1.8 sounds optomistic

Our area in turramurra ( Evelyn ave , fairlawn Ave in turramurra seems to have stabilised with entry level being just over 1.9 ) but we're at the edge of the walk station belt and a new house would be around 3-3.5 mil .

Battle axe blocks will be cheaper and while some people like them , they are harder to sell and the market will cool down at some time .

Any of the places on the edge of the bush will be in high bush fire risk areas but the chances of that occuring in one specific area are small . There are hundreds of areas on the north shore which would be at risk in the event of a bush fire in the wrong place and since we move to the north shore ( around 25 years ago ) I can't recall any houses being lost , though I recall a couple being lightly toasted around 20 years ago in west pymble . We have friends who were concerned about the bush fire risk and bought next to school in ? south turramurra which acts as a local rallying point for the fire trucks if there is a bush fire

Cliff

Scott No Mates likes this.
  12. world2160

world2160 Active Member

For 1.8, you should be able to get something on the low end in Killarney Heights. It is surrounded by Garigal national park. It is not as bushy as St Ives (and the nearby area), but alot brighter and you also get harbour views in some places.

13. The Y-man

The Y-man Moderator Staff Member

Move to Melbourne and buy out half of Cockatoo

The Y-man