Looking to build the right team around me

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Brendan Johnson, 9th Jan, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Brendan Johnson

Brendan Johnson Member

Hi all I'm currently looking to try and friend the right mortgage broker and accountant to work with as I go about building my property portfolio.
    I live on the Gold Coast but work in Sydney so I am constantly between the 2 locations. I would prefer to find someone on the GC purely because it's easier for meeting with them as that is my spare time when I'm home but I'm not against using someone from interstate if they are good at what they do. Can anyone suggest some they have dealt with and would recommend.

I'm just wanting to find the right people to put the best strategies in place for me so that It doesn't cost me later from potential early mistakes.
    TIA

2. Al1979

Al1979 Well-Known Member

I have used @Marty McDonald as my mortgage broker for my last two IP's. Marty is based in Sydney and I live in Vic, I have never actually met with him face to face but have had no trouble at all getting deals done. Always responds quickly and makes sure all the ducks are in a row when they need to be. Marty has also given me some great advice around structuring which has proved to be extremely valuable. I am not sure if he is taking on new clients but it might be worth a try!

3. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

@Rolf Latham is your man up on the GC

That's not taking anything away from Marty who's an awesome broker too - but if face to face is what you're after then Rolf is your man.

Cheers

Jamie

4. BKRinvesting

BKRinvesting Well-Known Member

@Steven Ryan is based between those two spots as well if I remember correctly?

5. Brendan Johnson

Brendan Johnson Member

thanks for the replies I will follow them up.
    One thing I'm noticing is there is a big difference between accountants and mortgage brokers who cater to the mr and mrs jones and then the ones that cater to people want to build their investment portfolio

Terry_w likes this.
  6. Jess Peletier

Jess Peletier Mortgage Broker & Finance Strategy, Aus Wide! Business Member

There is a huge difference. If you get the wrong one it can cost you a fortune in both cash and opportunity.

Brendan Johnson likes this.
  7. Patamea

Patamea Well-Known Member

Brendan Johnson likes this.
  8. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

@BKRinvesting - yep, writing this from Sydney, back to GC later this week.

BKRinvesting likes this.