Looking for property manager to help me get rent

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Anup Shrestha, 3rd Feb, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Anup Shrestha

Anup Shrestha Member

Hi Everyone,

We have in Toowoomba, me and my wife is desperately looking for a property to rent. 2 bedroom unit/apartment but I dont what wrong with my documentation or what, I am getting unsuccessful. So is there some property manager or agent who can help tenant to find rent at a certain fee.

Thank you so much.

2. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Is there anything in particular about your application? Rent v income? Pets?

3. Anup Shrestha

Anup Shrestha Member

No pets, Non smokers. We both have good job earnings around 2000-3000$ fortnightly.

4. Anup Shrestha

Anup Shrestha Member

We also offered 2 month advance rent including 2 weeks rent and bond.

5. Shazz@

Shazz@ Well-Known Member

If the rental market is competitive, you may need to stand out from other applications.
    As a landlord, one thing which some of my prospective tenants have done is put together a cover letter, with a summary of who they are and what they do, and what it means for them to rent my property.

My pet hates are when the application is not complete, or very little detail is included. I tend to ignore those.

Good luck.

6. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, residential agents only work for owners as it's low reward & they can't take payment from both parties. It comes down to the quality of the application.

You only find tenant advocates in commercial as you're negotiating many of the lease terms on much bigger deals.

7. skater

skater Well-Known Member

I've never had a tenant do this, but in your situation, this is a great idea. I can tell, that English is not your first language, so maybe something is wrong with the interpretation of what you are saying. If you write everything down, and get someone with good English skills to proof read it, it may help you.

Shazz@ and Scott No Mates like this.
  8. Trainee

Trainee Well-Known Member

Wouldnt a landlord just prefer higher rent per week?

9. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

When we had some tenants leave last month, we had a few applications and one couple offered $15 per week more than we were asking. I've never had that happen before.

We did accept them as tenants, but not because of the higher rent offered. The application stood on its own.

He was self-employed so I would suspect perhaps they knew that may raise some doubts with landlords in the past (though his income was quite high).