Looking for property manager in Wishart, Mansfield or Mount Gravatt area

Discussion in 'Property Management' started by charlie01, 14th Oct, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. charlie01

charlie01 Well-Known Member

I am looking for a property manager in Wishart, Mansfield or Mount Gravatt area (Brisbane south side) and would like to hear recommendations from other landlords. It's a shame that PMs come and go frequently and it's very hard to track them down.

2. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Sumayya Red Rocket Springwood, please tell her I made the recommendation. :)

3. charlie01

thanks, rico2011
    Their website shows they have more than 20 vacant rental properies.

4. Rich2011

Not sure your point? Are you saying they are bad property managers because of that number? If your property is priced right and well maintained then it shouldn't matter who is the managing agent, the market will decide about the property?

I can only go by my experience with them, which is positive and my tenants are good, rather than have a manager who is less selective with tenants.

Last edited: 15th Oct, 2015
  5. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

@Lu Bracher and the team have been fantastic for me on my Mooroka house (Brisbane south). Highly recommended.

6. charlie01

Sorry, I didn't mean they were bad PMs. But it was a suprise to see they have so many IPs on the list. I'm not going to make any judgement because (1) anything's possible (good or bad or neutral), and (2) I have never dealed with them and known nothing about them.

7. charlie01

Hi, Steven, thanks for the recommendation. I was with Somersoft forum for 12 years (I think). I still remember several people (including you) had recommended her services. But I couldn't find her office address (physical address)

8. Steven Ryan

Steven Ryan Well-Known Member

9. 733

733 Well-Known Member

To have 20 properties listed may mean that they are receiving many referrals from happy landlords...

10. Rich2011

Exactly.

11. charlie01

It may also mean oversupply of IPs and / or PMs couldn't find tenants for whatever reasons. Who knows.

Last edited: 17th Oct, 2015
  12. 733

733 Well-Known Member

We could summise...Proactive PMs and owners listing properties at market rent achieves strong results provided the market is not over saturated with supply

13. Rich2011

What you are referring to here is oversupply of IP's which is market driven not really something the PM can fix?

14. charlie01

Possibly, I have talked to several PMs recently. They said the rental market has been flat. So it's more important than ever to find a good PM.

Is it possible to have vacant properties listed with two different PMs in order to find right tenants?

15. Janine Colman

Janine Colman Member

Hi Charlie,
    Information is power! I am a Local PM and I can absolutely confirm that at the moment the market is flat. Average days on market is creeping close to 4 weeks. You need to work with an aggressive strategy to be price dropping ever week if you are vacant. Two weeks empty at $570 versus none at $550 makes a difference at the end of the year. ALSO VERY IMPORTANT - we highly encourage our clients to list price within the search parameter brackets - when people search they search $500 - $550 or $550 - $600! listing a property at $565 means you loose all the lower bracket enquiry. If you have a better strategy and list at $550 it means
    a) you will double the amount of prospective tenants that will see your listing
    b) prospective tenants in the lower bracket will be able to decide if they want to push their budget for something better and
    c) prospective tenants in the higher bracket will see value for money
    Overall this should encourage more people at open, create hype and result in an application.

Finally you can appoint two agents, you just need to tell them both upfront.
    Best of luck

16. Props 2 U

Props 2 U Member

Try Marie at Rental Express - Mt Gravatt 3452 9624. She is a legend!

17. 733

733 Well-Known Member

We are moving 90% of our properties within 7 days provided they are priced at market value

18. charlie01

Have you dealt with her for a while?