Looking for historic prices and demographics info for suburb - where to get?

Discussion in 'Investment Strategy' started by Brody Hales, 12th Mar, 2019.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Brody Hales

Brody Hales Active Member

Hi all

Where can I find demographic info and historic prices for a particular suburb I am targeting in QLD... I want to see prices for houses and want to know info like suburb population, household income breakdown, monthly loan repayment, occupation breakdowns, unemplyment, level of education.

Also wanted to see if I can get a detailed report for a specific property im looking at inc zoning info, all prices historically it was sold for, etc.

I am looking only for this individual suburb and property so can someone suggest where I can get this info without needing to subscribe to a service - I'd like to get this info as a one-off report - does RDData or somethimg similar offer this and how much would it cost?

Appreciate your help.

2. gty12

gty12 Well-Known Member

Brody, if you tell me the suburb and whether it is houses or units then I can send you a Private Message of an excel for historical median prices (assuming this is legal moderators?).

As for free demographics info=go to Census QuickStats for 2016 figures.
    Elsewise the Census website has data on every 5 years previous to that just how it is displayed differs=sometimes web browser based, sometimes Excel based.
    One other tip is Microburbs website for your suburb-the data comes from the 2011 Census but the guy who created the site was clever enough to go down into a level smaller than the suburb=you can see data on street pockets.

As for the actual property, if you type in the address in Google and go to the realestate.com.au page (not the one of the listing-assuming it is being sold), but usually the second one will be a property history page. That will give the last two or three decades of sales from memory.
    Not many paid providers go back any further than the late 1970's.

I don't know Queensland zoning sorry but the Government website on planning should have a map that you can add layers on.

Jamesaurus and Jess Peletier like this.
  3. Karlos1234

Karlos1234 Well-Known Member

For property history this works sometimes
    domain.com.au click on "Research" on top of the screen then click on "Property Price Estimates". A page will be opened. Enter the street address and you will see the sales and rental history if available