Looking for certified Architect/draft person

Discussion in 'NRAS & NDIS SDA' started by Reddy, 21st Mar, 2022.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Reddy

Reddy Well-Known Member

Hi all
    I am looking for accredited certified architect or draft person who can draw plan according to SDA guidelines. I am looking to build HPS category house and looking for a experienced draft person in this area
    If you are or know anyone please comment or send me direct message thanks in advance

2. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

Did you have any luck finding someone ?

We've went with NDISP . They have inhouse designers .

My concern with using an " independant " designer is that it's a new industry and I'd be concerned about the level of experience .

My observation is that you need someone who is getting feed back from end users / SIL' s and an independant designer isn't necessarily going to be getting that .

Someone like NDISP is involved with the management of these properties on a daily basis in a range of situations so in a position to give feedback to their designers on what to changes to make . Also their designers are working in this field on a constant basis .

At some stage , if they see a demand for it , designers working for companies like NDISP with go out on their own and work for a variety of people , but don't know if that's happening now and how to find someone .

Personally , given it's a relatively new industry , I've found it quite reassureing knowing that the we have a one stop shop to work with , so if there are any issues we only have to deal with one group .

Also the requirements are changing , so having someone across all of that is worthwhile IMHO . This is not an area where trying to DIY or cut corners is likely to end up well . eg , there is now a requirement to get an OT to sign off on the design before it's approved . Don't know when that came in .

Cliff

Reddy likes this.
  3. Reddy

Reddy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply Cliff

No I haven’t managed to find a archtiect to draw plans
    I am just doing Initial analysis to see if this is for me or not
    How are you going with you. NDIS builds ? Are they now completed and rents coming though ?

4. See Change

See Change Well-Known Member

First one completed , tenanted and rent coming in. Happy Camper .

second one , land bought last year , hoping to build units but care of Covid cost blew out . Changed to house . Plan finished , quotes should come in soon .

they’re saying that build times are still ok , but the delay before builders can start varies by location and in some places can be a while .

cliff

geoffw likes this.
  5. RPI

RPI SDA Provider, Town Planner, Former Property Lawyer

John Moore at SDA Assessors & Certifiers – SDA – It's What We Do is the best assessor we have come across. Was a carpenter, then a building certifier. Now and SDA Assessor. You need one of them to certify your plans. Any architect or designer can design to the SDA Design Guidelines. Just go well above the standard. HPS you need to have 1200mm doors, 1500mm hallways, 1500mm on each side of the bed plus massive ensuites. Also auto doors, lights, blinds and ceiling hoists are a must.