Looking for an accountant near Croydon Park Strathfield or inner West etc

Discussion in 'Accounting & Tax' started by P j T, 20th Apr, 2017.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. P j T

P j T Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,
    Posted a similar request in "Accounting & Tax" forum but thought I Would ask in this page.

Hi To all,
    We would like to get in touch with an accountant. Our present accountant likes to work remotely and as we are both a bit old fashioned, we would like to meet with our accountant at least once a year etc.
    We now have our first IP and are collating as much inforamtion as we can.
    any advice would be welcome. We would rather avoid the large firms due to perceived expense but would welcome suggestions.

Cheers
    Peter T

2. Jamie Moore

Jamie Moore MORTGAGE BROKER - AUSTRALIA WIDE Business Member

There's some great accountants on the forum - including those from Sydney.

If you have a look at some of the responses of posters in the accounting sub forum you'll get an idea of their level of expertise and whether they could potentially be a good fit for you.

Cheers

Jamie

3. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

I'm close to release of a new (free) video meeting system. It allows worldwide face to face meeting using almost any device provided it has a camera and NO app / software is required. At present the only device not supported in the iphone (but ipad is). It also allows spouses to join in etc. And documents can be viewed during the video.

Some people want face to face but I would argue almost everyone would seek to avoid the travel especially if its along Parramatta Rd near Strathfield

4. aussieB

aussieB Well-Known Member

I'd be interested to know how it actually works. You've got to have some way of making two parties speak with each other.

5. Terry_w

Terry_w Lawyer, Tax Adviser and Mortgage broker in Sydney Business Member

Binoculars

6. Paul@PAS

It runs through a browser and uses the device camera / mic. Thats why a iphone isnt suitable as apple insist on the app store for all browser add ons.

7. Paul@PAS

And a piece of string

8. neK

neK Well-Known Member

This sounds interesting, can you share more info (about the technology you're using)

9. aussieB

aussieB Well-Known Member

Ok, so its a browser based video conferencing tool . There are a lot of very stable and proven plugins available for free (including skype) and some of them even respect your privacy for a monthly fee. None of my concerns, but I wonder why you would invest in making a tool of your own in this case?