Looking for a sold price in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Property Information Resources & Tools' started by wylie, 3rd Apr, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. wylie

wylie Moderator Staff Member

We just watched (again) Restoration Australia story about the Melbourne gasworks turned into a one bedroom, two bathroom "quirky" house. I googled to find it was sold within a year (sold in February 2020) and listing said two bedroom, two bathroom.

It says it was sold via private auction, and I've searched for the address 90 Macaulay Road, North Melbourne and found nothing.

I'd be very keen to know what it sold for and see the old listing, to see where they put the second bedroom.

It was quirky for sure. I'd love to have tackled it, but to create a one bedroom house out of such an amazing old building seemed crazy. This is a story about it but it doesn't give sold price.

North Melbourne Gasworks conversion brings quirk to market - realestate.com.au

2. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

3. wylie

Thanks @craigc that is the one. I was hoping to see the listing because it was a one bedroom (pod) when it was renovated and the listing says two bedrooms. We were curious about where they chose to put the second bedroom. We would have done this so differently. It seemed a bit of a "let the architects do whatever they want" thing, which they were happy with, but one bedroom?

craigc likes this.
  4. craigc

craigc Well-Known Member

5. wylie

Thanks @craigc and there is no second bedroom on the listing floor plan. Curious... we would have loved to tackle this but we don’t like much of what they ended up with.

craigc likes this.
  6. PC_USER_456

PC_USER_456 Member

The pod was a little too much of a point of differential for me.