Looking for a good mortgage broker in Sydney

Discussion in 'Loans & Mortgage Brokers' started by Duck1234, 23rd Jul, 2020.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

That's what a Mortgage Broker is, they provide credit advice...

2. sesemrub

sesemrub Well-Known Member

Ah I get it. Different terminology to what I'm used to! Over here a credit adviser would be more likely someone to give advice on debt management and improving credit ratings.

3. Pandawarrior002

Pandawarrior002 New Member

Hi Lindsay, would you also be able to share the list with me?

Looking to buy a first property as investment, and serviceability isn't likely to be an issue from the banks I have obtained pre-approvals for currently.

4. Lindsay_W

Lindsay_W Well-Known Member

Pre-approvals are mostly not credit assessed so they aren't worth anything, would definitely check your credit file/score if you've 'applied' for pre-approvals through multiple lenders.
    Brokers don't have to be local to you but you would be well served using one instead of going to a bank directly.

5. Paul@PAS

Paul@PAS Tax, Accounting + SMSF + All things Property Tax Business Plus Member

Especially if you are UK based. A good broker will likely have a better idea of lenders who would fit with a offshore borrower. I see a lot of this with UK, USA and HK particularly.

6. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

Hi guys,

Sorry to bump this thread, just looking for a mortgage broker in Sydney for my parents.
    They are currently looking to upgrade their townhouse to a house, so would have to sell before they buy.

My mum is currently running around like a headless chicken talking to all different banks.
    Can someone forward the "list" or recommend someone (she is old school, prefers face to face) around Sydney, preferably in the east or around Maroubra

Thanks!

7. Momentum

Momentum Well-Known Member

If you're after a good broker around Sydney's east then contact @Morgs

Desperado likes this.

Price Accounting are a leading tax service for your property + tax issues. Contact Paul@PFI for property focussed tax services using our client portal access, digital signing and checklist based approach for best pricing. Free client pack included.