Looking for a good Buyers Agent for IP around Brisbane

Discussion in 'The Buying & Selling Process' started by Andres, 14th Apr, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
Tags:
  1. Property Twins

Property Twins Mortgage Brokers & Buyers Agents Business Member

Yes. Can help learning. Though with a BA I reckon its important to be very clear on what you want interms of boxes to tick else you may end up with a 350k prop with not as much potential.

ccsben likes this.
  2. trinity168

trinity168 Well-Known Member

^what MsAli said.

+ Karen/Property Zest.

3. Vincent Y.

Vincent Y. New Member

Thanks! I've already reached out with them. If by August I can't decide, I'll be moving forward in engaging them for service.

4. JBe

JBe Member

I used Andrew Allen and team last year, very happy with their service.

5. wombat777

wombat777 Well-Known Member

I used Property Zest last year and have just got them started for my next purchase.

6. hash_investor

hash_investor Well-Known Member

Some BAs could be getting kick backs from developers.

I know someone was asking for BA recommendations in Brisbane a few months ago on this forum and he was actually a developer. Many people recommended him talking to zest and karen etc.

7. trinity168

trinity168 Well-Known Member

BAs work for the buyer, not developers. @Jacque is the president of rebaa, she can shed some light on this.

8. Jacque

Jacque Jacque Parker Premium Member

Hey @trinity168 though I'm now the immediate past-president of REBAA however you are certainly correct. Independent BAs work only for and accept fees from buyers only. More info here from the REBAA site How do I choose a buyer’s agent? - REBAA

Sackie and trinity168 like this.
  9. Andres

Andres Well-Known Member

I just wanted to jump back on here and provide my feedback after going through the process and settling on our new property just this afternoon.

I went with Taylored Financial Solutions and I couldn't be happier with the service provided. I worked with JacM and her team, they answered all my questions and really took all the stress out of the process. I was always kept up to date with how everything was going and I'm really happy with the result. I would highly recommend them for anyone looking for a BA around Brisbane, happy to provide more feedback if anyone is interested.

ellejay likes this.
  10. showtime94

showtime94 Well-Known Member

How much did they charge you ?

11. Rich2011

Rich2011 Well-Known Member

Easy to find out if they are a registered agent, just ask for a copy of their registration certificate.

12. Chris White

Chris White Well-Known Member

Just enter their details into the QLD licence check if you want to confirm they are licenced. Check a licence | Your rights, crime and the law | Queensland Government

Different BA's focus on different things (areas and strategies) so you should ensure that your strategy aligns with the BA's area of focus. And most importantly, you should firstly ensure that your own strategy aligns with your goals.

Hosko and Sackie like this.
  13. Sackie

Sackie Well-Known Member

Gold advice.

14. propertylad

propertylad Well-Known Member

I'm at the tail end of the process with Pumped on Property (Ben Everingham) originally from Sydney now based out of Sunshine Coast with a heavy focus on Brisbane.

Agree 100% with Chris and this was a big factor for us. Ben is a young bloke like myself with similar goals and interests, very relatable so it felt like a good fit. He was incredibly cheap $6-$8k. At the end of the day we already had a strategy and done a bit of research we just needed someone to bounce off and guide us through our first purchase.

Given we are interstate buyers we felt it was crucial to have someone on the ground inspecting properties actively and this was where I saw most of the value. Like Ben a lot of BA's offer free consultations or strategy sessions which will help determine pretty quickly if they are the right fit for you.

15. Kate

Kate Well-Known Member

Hey @propertylad , how was overall your experience with Pumped on Property (Ben Everingham)? Would you be keen in sharing where did you buy? I am considering having a chat with him again. What is his area of expertise? CG x CF+ ? Last time I talked to him he mentioned areas around new hospital in Brisbane and new sunshine university - but at that time I was not ready to buy in Brisbane.

16. propertylad

propertylad Well-Known Member

We ended up buying in Strathpine. 2-3km from the new Petrie University, walk to train and shops. Bought right on the median which has now increased roughly $15k in 3 months. Can't complain with 4% growth in that time.

In hindsight I'm really happy with the team at pumped on property. It's so easy to get caught up in price and trying to nab a bargain but Ben and the team did such a good job focusing on the fundamentals and blocking out the noise. They know the suburbs they target well. They don't push any CG or CF strategies other than what suits your personal circumstances but most of all they look for ways to value add in the future so you can respond to a changing environment. Whether that's through reno's, adding granny flats to improve cashflow if circumstances change or just relying on some tangible future growth from projects, infrastructure etc.

All in all I would say he doesn't have an area of expertise other than focusing on your own goals and adapting to the current environment while being agile enough to respond as it changes. That was important to me.

ccsben, Kate and Tom Rivera like this.
  17. Kate

Kate Well-Known Member

propertylad likes this.