Looking for a builder in Boronia area

Discussion in 'Development' started by Vincent Y, 20th Sep, 2015.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Vincent Y

Vincent Y New Member

I have plans and permit ready to build a rear unit in Boronia but unfortunately I do not know how to find a decent one. I would appreciate if anyone can guide me how to look for one. Cheers
    Vincent

2. GoOnAndTell

GoOnAndTell Well-Known Member

we are doing our first build at the moment, so far very happy with our decision. We had a cheaper quote but were particularly happy with the inclusions & allowances.
    e.g. A/C in all rooms, twin roller blinds, timber stair case (vs MDF), stone benchs, LED downlights, solar HWS (small units so less space than a water tank).

So far they have been good and hand held us a little with our first build, also dealt with minor changes through the build.

Alan 0407461970 and Robert 0488004136
    http://www.accentu8buildinggroup.com.au/
    They are from outer north/east i think so would probably service Boronia. If you wanted to mention were the number came from Stephen from Reservoir.

I can update in between 3-4 months (pending making it before christmas) for the final finish but i did walk through another one of their builds around the corner from ours during final defect check before hand over and they were being quite detailed in getting the little stuff sorted and most jobs looked good to my eyes (render, stone benches, tiling, paint, etc...).

If you do get a quote form them and others shoot me a PM i would love to see how they stack up for you as ideally we want to use them for our next one in about 12 months.

3. GoOnAndTell

GoOnAndTell Well-Known Member

hmm reading your question, how we selected, rather than recommendation sorry.

Got a few recommendations from our agent and the designer we used. Had 3 quote on the job. Went through the inclusions list (made an excel list and compared, e.g. Bench, number of drawer units in kitchen, floor coverings, driveway, landscaping, also noted wording on any exclusions). Looked at the money, then spoke to 2 in a bit of detail, went out to 1s near finished product.

Being newbies we really wanted someone who we got a vibe they would work with us as we want to be able to repeat it both financially and mentally.

4. dan_89

dan_89 Well-Known Member

I had been recommended to speak with Glenn Davies. I wasn't financially ready at the time to proceed with subdivision but he was more than happy to go into detail with explaining costs and processes involved to get the ball rolling.

To my understanding builds around these areas and specializes in subdivisions.

Details attached.

Attached Files:

5. willy1111

willy1111 Well-Known Member

Have used and would recommend Mario from Martex Constructions in the knox council.

Build Passive Income WITHOUT Dropping $15K On Buyers Agents Each Time! Helping People Achieve PASSIVE INCOME Using Our Unique Data-Driven System, So You Can Confidently Buy Top 5% Growth & Cashflow Property, Anywhere In Australia