VIC Looking at buying a townhouse at bayside Council area Melbourne

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by investnow, 18th May, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. strongy1986

strongy1986 Well-Known Member

I actually think Cheltenham has outperformed Beauy from a pure investment perspectove in the last 5 years - probably more due to affordability than anything
    I dont think it will ever catch up to it though

Well im pretty biased having spent the first 30 years of my life in the suburb, I do prefer its quietness to all the other suburbs mentioned

Yeah i also played footy at beauy, under 9s (or 10s, cant remember) through to seniors - well reserves in my case
    As for going out when we were younger.... the 600 bus provided a good oportunity for some pre drinks if going to sandy or chelt station.

Anyway i dont think any of this is relevant to investment decisions....

kmrr likes this.
  2. kmrr

kmrr Well-Known Member

isn't suburban rail loop a 100% locked in? it's just going to take a while..

3. hvdw87

hvdw87 Well-Known Member

No.

East West Link was a contracted project when this government got into power and cancelled it. Suburban Rail Loop is nowhere near that level of project development. Maybe this government goes and moves some utilities out of they way and then say “we’ve started”. Thats about as far it it gets for the foreseeable future IMO.

craigc and kmrr like this.

Our clients are global and know we are property tax professionals. Our advisers are qualified and experienced and we don't outsource. We can help with complex CGT, Income Tax, and Developer issues. Property is our speciality incl Trusts, Co and SMSF