Long term rental growth

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Logan, 20th Oct, 2016.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

Evening PCers, I am looking for charts or information on long term rental growth in Australian capital city's ? Could anyone direct me to a link or website ?

Thanks Logan

2. Scott No Mates

Scott No Mates Well-Known Member

wombat777 likes this.
  3. Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

clearly I tried google first ! The immediate information I found was overly complicated. I was hoping for more straight forward information and through the someone may have a handy link

4. Special order

Special order Well-Known Member

whatever reason for you choosing to research it, its always best IMO to manufacture it in someway or another and include that into your long term feasibility assessment when determining a purchase and financial outlook.

Look for unusual examples on REA.com and how the owner may of accomplished it. also choose a PM very carefully and validate all appraisals carefully including the experience of the person presenting it. Every time I end up holding on to a high yield property I always love it when the disbursements come in and this has contributed significantly to equity pulls and finance assessment down the track

5. petewargent

petewargent Buyer's Agent

It depends upon your preferred data source and whether you want the data in median dollar values, split by houses versus units, etc.

But here's 1972-2016 rental CPI for the capital cities, indexed to 1972, from the ABS.

These are averages, though, it's always better to look at like-for-like properties in my opinion.

upload_2016-10-21_9-37-5.png