Loganholme QLD, thoughts on this area?

Discussion in 'Commercial Property' started by Chabs, 3rd Jun, 2021.

Join Australia's most dynamic and respected property investment community
  1. Chabs

Chabs Well-Known Member

Currently eyeing this part of Queensland, being partway between the gold coast and Brisbane.

I have noticed there are some warehouse sites at approx the 1m price point that have attractive yields and scope to add value.

Would you say Loganholme is an area to shop around in, or is there another part of Queensland to keep an eye on?

I do note that it looks like a lot of Aussies are moving north from NSW and VIC and this will be driving demand particularly towards GC and Brisbane, Logan is right in between.

BG81 and Property Guts like this.
  2. boganfromlogan

boganfromlogan Well-Known Member

Lots of transport and logistics business in Logan and surrounds.

Are u thinking the warehouse sites for warehousing? Or land banking?

the industrial zones are unlikely to be rezoned IMHO but projections are increasing populations in N Gold Coast and Logan.

3. Chabs

Chabs Well-Known Member

mostly as a warehouse in an area that I’d assume would be projected to have increased warehousing demand.

A land bank might not be as attractive due to the sheer amount of land that can be developed, or is already for sale!

it’s not quite like Sydney where any freehold warehouse with a decent land chunk would have minted for you. Sydney is unique in that there’s not much suitable and well located stock for new industrial developments.

Would you say it’s worth considering from a land perspective? There are some lots with big parcels of land relative to warehouse size.

4. boganfromlogan

The significant impact would be inland rail project which aims to reduce truck traffic significantly and increase rail freight.

So warehousing for local distribution might stay strong but interstate might reduce along M1.

Land bank would be possible but only in those fringe areas that might be rezoned. Floody areas abound in that region.

Quite a bit to consider.

5. Chabs

Chabs Well-Known Member

@boganfromlogan it seems if flooding is a big concern, there might be better places to look.. is there anywhere in particular around Brisbane that tends to be less flood prone? I can only seeing those types of areas shooting up in value over the long term, when compared to the flood prone parts

6. boganfromlogan

Logan PD Hub

Flooding needs to be assessed at the property level.

Yatala? Berrimba? Flagstone? Boronia?

7. Chabs

Chabs Well-Known Member

Thanks for that,

I checked out this old warehouse, as an example:

9 Dulwich Street, Loganholme QLD 4129 - Factory, Warehouse & Industrial Property For Sale | Commercial Real Estate

Said that there doesn't seem to be a "natural hazard area", tho I doubt this means its not flood prone!

Warehouse like that would otherwise tick boxes for me, decent land to building ratio, already tenanted (apparently x3 tenants), potential upside, etc. The main downsides I see are that its on the fringes of the industrial area, so will possibly take longer to perform.

8. boganfromlogan

It is flood free. Is that area built up?

9. boganfromlogan

Check the flood hazard trigger

10. Chabs

Chabs Well-Known Member

unsure, based on photos and google maps it does look close to a creek/river, so doubt that it would be flood free.

11. boganfromlogan

But when u check the flood trigger overlay in the map. It says flood free. So hence why I was asking about built up. The flood trigger mapping is not perfect, but best that is public available

12. boganfromlogan

Hope u can see this

Attached Files: